Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HELLLO!

Well first off this site is awesome! I have def learned a lot and seen what people have gone through. I like this site a lot. So I thought I should make my own journal. I have been on accutane for 2 weeks now. I will put a before pic and week 1 and week 2 pics.

Well I was just going to the Dermatologist for just my check up and he talked to me for a lil and said I think you need to be put on accutane. He said he wasn't seeing the results he wanted. We talked for a lil and I decided to go ahead with the treatment course. I had blood done that day and the next day went back to the Derm and then I started!

Warning some of these up close pics look funny lol

Before Pictures

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

well thats what I started off with... on to end of week 1

Week 1

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

MAIN COMPLAINT.... BAD BREAKOUT and horribly dry lips.

I was hoping I wouldnt get a bad breakout but it happened... it sucks because with my job I have to do presentations and clients come in steadly so it sucks.

Has anyone had bad gas while on 'tane?? I haven't heard anyone mention that but it gave me gas haha. Anyways no improvement with the face. Still oily but starting to dry out. on to week 2

Week 2

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I took some more but they came out funky and I am too lazy to go take more pictures.

I feel like the breakout is getting better... black heads on my nose are starting to go away but I have a cyst on the point of my nose and it makes me look like rudolph the rednose reindeer hah... Now other parts of my body are drying out. VERY ITCHY and FLAKEY scalp ( I use an anti-dandruff shampoo but it isnt helping), dry dry face (using St Ives lotion now to help that), my back is getting really dry and itchy too sad.gif. other problems hard dry boogers that hurt. hmmm oo bad back pains too. but if it helps my acne I can suffer for 5 months.

ooo sidenote... has anyone experience having weird dreams on this? I usually dont dream but once I started this I started having dreams almost everynite... sounds ridiculous but I dunno. hmmm

Ok while leave me some comments and thanks for checking out my journal. Until next week, take care!

-Mike

HELLLO!

Well first off this site is awesome! I have def learned a lot and seen what people have gone through. I like this site a lot.  So I thought I should make my own journal.  I have been on accutane for 2 weeks now.  I will put a before pic and week 1 and week 2 pics.

Well I was just going to the Dermatologist for just my check up and he talked to me for a lil and said I think you need to be put on accutane.  He said he wasn't seeing the results he wanted. We talked for a lil and I decided to go ahead with the treatment course.  I had blood done that day and the next day went back to the Derm and then I started!

Warning some of these up close pics look funny lol

Before Pictures

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

well thats what I started off with... on to end of week 1

Week 1

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

MAIN COMPLAINT.... BAD BREAKOUT and  horribly dry lips.

I was hoping I wouldnt get a  bad breakout but it happened... it sucks because with my job I have to do presentations and clients come in steadly so it sucks. 

Has anyone had bad gas while on 'tane?? I haven't heard anyone mention that but it gave me gas haha. Anyways no improvement with the face. Still oily but starting to dry out. on to week 2

Week 2

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I took some more but they came out funky and I am too lazy to go take more pictures.

I feel like the breakout is getting better... black heads on my nose are starting to go away but I have a cyst on the point of my nose and it makes me look like rudolph the rednose reindeer hah... Now other parts of my body are drying out. VERY ITCHY and FLAKEY scalp ( I use an anti-dandruff shampoo but it isnt helping), dry dry face (using St Ives lotion now to help that), my back is getting really dry and itchy too sad.gif. other problems hard dry boogers that hurt. hmmm oo bad back pains too.  but if it helps my acne I can suffer for 5 months.

ooo sidenote... has anyone experience having weird dreams on this? I usually dont dream but once I started this I started having dreams almost everynite... sounds ridiculous but I dunno. hmmm

Ok while leave me some comments and thanks for checking out my journal. Until next week, take care!

-Mike

Im 5 weeks into tane and feel awful, bad skin, nosebleeds etc but it will be worth it in the end. Try Blistex Intensive Moisturiser for your lips and Aquaphor (I cant get it but its recommended) for your face. Put Vaseline in your nostrils at night (gross, I know) but it stops the painful ones.

Good luck, keep us posted. I might post some photos soon, dont know if I dare.

Your acne looks similar to mine though I get more red cystic ones. Beware the initial breakout but apart from that...focus on the end result!

Vanessa x wink.gif

Thanks guys! Yea Acne sucks.... I know it is getting worse when people start asking about it.... "is that painful?" referring to my nose that now has two HUGE cysts on it... sad.gif

Yea I got the aquaphor but I only use it for my lips. Also for all those people that have dry skin stuck on there face... mine was feeling like super rough and it wasn't coming off... so I read somewhere you can use baking powder as an exfoliater ( i jsut woke up excuse my spelling) and well my face is so smooth now. It workd best on my nose where it was really rough.

I use St Ives Oil-Free Mosturizer for my face and It works faily well and doesnt make me shiny at all... I think the cetaphil lotion was making me breakout not sure exactly tho.

Ok well I got to get ready for work. Thanks for stopping by.

will update on tueday:)

Can u get T/Gel shampoo? Really helps me as my scalp is ever so itchy and irritating. Will try just b powder and water then as I use Dove Soap so cant mix it in easily. Will let u know if it hurts less! Will give it a go thought because I cant stand pain, had it too many years...

Vanessa x wink.gif

Yea I saw that shampoo at the store I will have to pick some up tomorrow

Oh and I got this from the Arm & Hammer website

"Skin Care

Face it! Using ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda as an invigorating, yet gentle, facial scrub will leave your skin silky smooth. Great for teen skin and getting ready for self-tanners. Sprinkle a little ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda into your palm and mix into a paste (3 parts ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda to 1 part water). Apply in a gentle circular motion then rinse clean. "

Yep the baking powder and water stung loads less, thanks! Thats great! TGel is great, get the Coal Tar one - open the box and its the shampoo is brown. It stinks but is really worth it, just use a good conditioner also as it leaves hair feeling really tangled and dry. The sensitive skin one is rubbish in my opinion.

Vanessa x wink.gif

End of Week 3

Well today I went to the Derm... and I had all these questions for him BUT he had some like person training with him and it distracted me because they kept talking and I forgot my damn questions. He was basically rushing me thru... so that frustated me and just made me want to get the damn pills and leave hah.

He said my blood was great so he upped my dosage to 70mg a Day. He said I should start to see some improvement as early as the end of the 5th week or latest the 8th week. We shall see. He was a lil concerned about my back pains but said if it gets worse come back.

So I got bored and took some pictures here we go!

user posted image

thats my regimen supplies! Yea they give me the huge boxes at the pharmacy... I looked like a crazy on lots of meds.

user posted image

This time it says NO ALCOHOL... wonder why the change??

user posted image

Improvement?

user posted image

LOOK! My nose only has a few blackheads... it is a great improvement from when I first started... wish I took a close up of it in the beginning.

user posted image

"hmmmm?" maybe a lil bit better?

I feel like this pictures look like it is getting better but when I look in the mirror it looks much worse then these pictures.

This past week hasn't brought much change... I bought some Selsen Medicated Shampoo HELPS MAJORLY WITH THE DRYNESS AND ITCHINESS. I don't really use lotion on my body it seems to be fine. I bought green tea today and will see how that goes! Pretty much keeping up with my regimen and really want this to work.

Thanks for reading and leave me some comments.

What does the green tea do?? Sounds intriguing.

Your skin is looking so much better! Its amazing! Im still on 60mg/day but never see my derm, a very different method of treatment from you guys.

I had a massive brown bag of 12 boxes of 30 pills! Looked awful but the pile is slowly going down.

Keep up the good work, Im feeling so positive today as Im showing sign of clearing at last! Woohoo!

Vanessa wink.gifeusa_dance.gif

hey keep up the good work. i'm gonna look into that st. ive's because aquaphor makes me way too shiny. just any drug store would have it ya think? so when do you put baking soda and water on your face, in the morning? hey dude it's brave to put the pics up, big improvement. I am 6 weeks in and I also get back pains, dry eyes/lips. it'll eventually be over!!

What does the green tea do?? Sounds intriguing.

Your skin is looking so much better! Its amazing! Im still on 60mg/day but never see my derm, a very different method of treatment from you guys.

I had a massive brown bag of 12 boxes of 30 pills! Looked awful but the pile is slowly going down.

Keep up the good work, Im feeling so positive today as Im showing sign of clearing at last! Woohoo!

Vanessa  wink.gif  eusa_dance.gif

I see definite clearing, don't worry. For one, the cysts to the right of your nose are completely "down-sized" IMHO. Also, the redness is completely gone for your forehead. Also, much less of a zit-factor.

Keep going boy!!!

I see definite clearing, don't worry. For one, the cysts to the right of your nose are completely "down-sized" IMHO. Also, the redness is completely gone for your forehead. Also, much less of a zit-factor.

Keep going boy!!!

yeh british slang is OK but I still think the US is more imaginative. Er wot else have you picked up? A lot depends on where u live, in the north they say "watta" for water and its pronounced "worter" in London. Theres "chavs" and things...you get them??!

wink.gif

Hey there, great progress!

I think we are in alomst the exact same boat. I started Roaccutane on the 22nd of June. I was on 35mg a day for a month, and then my derm put me on 70mg a day for the remaining 3 months of the course.

Ive not had many side effects, apart from dry lips and skin, and occasional aches and pains. I'm hoping to be more or less clear by the time I go to sixth form in about a 3 weeks.

P.S : I use Simples "Refreshing facial wash gel" to wash with, and Eucerin dry skin relief cream as my moisturiser. I also use E45 cream to moisturise my arms with, and aquaphor on my lips.

Glad to know that other people are in the struggle with me - thanks for making this journal! smile.gif

Hey there, great progress!

I think we are in alomst the exact same boat. I started Roaccutane on the 22nd of June. I was on 35mg a day for a month, and then my derm put me on 70mg a day for the remaining 3 months of the course.

Ive not had many side effects, apart from dry lips and skin, and occasional aches and pains. I'm hoping to be more or less clear by the time I go to sixth form in about a 3 weeks.

P.S : I use Simples "Refreshing facial wash gel" to wash with, and Eucerin dry skin relief cream as my moisturiser. I also use E45 cream to moisturise my arms with, and aquaphor on my lips.

Glad to know that other people are in the struggle with me - thanks for making this journal!  smile.gif

END OF WEEK 4

WoooHOO done with one month WOW

MY moods have been up and down this week... not sure why... stress from work... love life... who knows... accutane?

Side effects are the same except I dont seem to be as dry... my lips arent that bad. i put on chapstick less... I feel like my face is producing a lil bit of oil... Im not sure.

WEll I am a lil tired so here are the pics and you tell me if you see improvement.

user posted image

user posted image

worst area seems to be my nose something new everyday.... sad.gif

5 more months to go... will be starting 70mg 2morrow instead of 60mg