Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, I'm new to the board (posting) but have been reading for a while!

Am a guy and have been experimenting with different concealers and foundations a lot for a year or two now, but never found anything I have been happy with for more than a month or two.

Recently I tried Estée Lauder Maximum Cover, but unfortunately it would seem even the lightest colour available is still a bit too dark for me - which is a shame, because otherwise I found it to be a very good foundation (and will keep it incase my skin gets tanned whilst away on holiday). I also used Clinique's Anti-Blemish Concealing Stick with it, which seemed to work very well for me due to the abilitity to apply it so precisely.

This has got me interested in Clinique's Foundations as I'm searching for a lighter colour that will better suit me. I'm from the UK and buy most of my makeup online through Boots online, and noticed they had the following Clinique Foundations on there:

- Perfectly Real Make-up

- Skin Smoother Pore Minimizing Makeup

- Superbalanced Makeup

- Superfit Makeup

- Soft Finish Makeup

- Continuous Coverage

- Almost Makeup SPF 15

- Gentle Light Makeup

- Stay True Makeup

To name a few.

As a guy, I have no problem wearing makeup and have had people notice in the post - which has annoyed me, but it is the risk I have taken. Ideally I don't want it to be so obvious - hence the constant search for a better foundation.

I have red marks on the right side of my face which I like to hide, and any spots I get these days are near the temples (which are annoying to hide given that it also an area I seem to easily cake). I was interested in the "Perfectly Real Make-up", "Continuous Coverage" especially and wondered also what the "Almost Makeup" was bout.

Sorry to write such a lengthy post but if anybody has any experiences with these foundations I would love to hear about it!

Thanks if possible!

I've used Superfit a long time ago. I always planned to return it because I just didn't like the finish, but I just never got around to it and eventually threw it out. I truly dislike Clinique foundations.

NO, don't do it. I tried to convince myself that clinique is good, but it just pales in comparison to other foundations.

I say if you have good skin, with a few pimples, try concealing them and use Chanel Voile Universal as a sheer foundation on top. that's what i do.

But if you still have bad skin, then you should defintely check out the rest of Chanel's foundations or Estee Lauder, you can find out more about them over here...

www.makeupalley.com

I hate clinique foundation, it broke me out and itched so bad. Why not try another range of Estee Lauder, I used their doublewearv foundation and it's great - looks really natural. You can get it from department stores (debenhams) and larger boots stores as well as on boots.com

well ive tried clinique too, it wasnt that bad for ma skin, rite now im using "dream matte mousse" by maybelline....its cool! its kind of a mousse lol, it looks natural nd good nd my skin feels smooth lol smile.gif

Oh my god not dream matte mousse that really sucks for me

it made my skin shinnny

I think I will try Estee Lauder now

cause they are not acnegenic smile.gif

Guest fatallyours

I haven't used it myself, but maybe Dermablend would be something to look into?

i use superfit makeup and it works well with my skin

but from reading all the messages posted, it obviously doesn't for many people...

well i am not sure if it'll work for you, i have very oily/acne prone skin and i find it doesn't give me breakouts, and the coverage's great except for one thing, it doesn' t really help control the oil, especially after a few hours...

Honestly I dont like Cliniques makeup! Thats what made me break out. You need to use mineral makeup. Ive only been using it one week and my skin has improved so much! Look @ the ingredients even on makeup that claims 2 be oil free and hypoalergenic. Its not as good as it seems. Ive noticed that salycic acid is way more irritating and I think the worst break outs happen when you keep changing ur routine. I would just stick with the Clear Regimen, use mineral makeup and your skin will be able to heal, but also breathe.