Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Inty

I can't help but touch my face, i'm always picking

Also, the main problem area is my chin what can i do to get rid of the whiteheads mixed with extreme redness?

Sounds like me - chin + whiteheads + redness = pick pick pick, and you know what? that just makes it worse and the cycle begins again!! Arrggghhh!!!

I am forcing myself not to touch, then hopefully, it will all clear up once the cycle is broken!! Good luck to you to do the same smile.gif

I have a friend whose cheeks are very red, and covered in bumps and stuff.

Then I noticed, that he constantly rests his cheeks in his hands. I'm pretty sure that's the big problem, because the rest of his face is looking good... So keeping the hands off, is very vital.

Inty,

It's all about self-control. Ya gotta make yourself not touch and pick. It's going to take effort on your part to make sure you are not picking and touching.

Inty--I totally know what you are going through. It's really hard to stop. Have you tried looking at websites out there for support or tips? Here's one: http://facepick.tripod.com/ .

I used to spend hours picking at a time. I can honestly say that I only pick a few minutes a week now. The best thing that happened to me was my face clearing up w/ Dan's Regimen. Since I had less to pick at, I stopped picking at things that weren't even pimples.