Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jaime66

What the hell do I do???AHHH

Okay guys....

went to the doctor today and have decided to come off doxycyclin as i am feeling tired all the time and had headaches and lower back pain. This was after three months,,she sed my skin still wasnt brilliant.

Neway,,i had been referred to a dermatologist about three months ago and finally i have an appointment in about a month. The question is this,,,should i stop the regimen and let my face get worse than it is so i can go on roaccutane (accutane outside europe) or carry on with the regimen and risk being told my skin isnt bad enough...

and to top it off my last year at skool starts when i hav my appointment! so i dont want my skin to be bad, but i want to go on roaccutane

I have tried simple washing,2 different antibiotics, and the regimen, i am now tryin the regimen again and hav been on it for a few weeks and it is working fairly well

PLZ REPLY!

Okay guys....

went to the doctor today and have decided to come off doxycyclin as i am feeling tired all the time and had headaches and lower back pain. This was after three months,,she sed my skin still wasnt brilliant.

Neway,,i had been referred to a dermatologist about three months ago and finally i have an appointment in about a month. The question is this,,,should i stop the regimen and let my face get worse than it is so i can go on roaccutane (accutane outside europe) or carry on with the regimen and risk being told my skin isnt bad enough...

and to top it off my last year at skool starts when i hav my appointment! so i dont want my skin to be bad, but i want to go on roaccutane

I have tried simple washing,2 different antibiotics, and the regimen, i am now tryin the regimen again and hav been on it for a few weeks and it is working fairly well

PLZ REPLY!

You said you've tried the regimen before, how long did you do it for?  Did you give it 3 to 4 months of strict adherence?  If not, I would try it again.  I don't recommend accutane unless your acne is REALLY bad (you know the kind that leaves scars).  I say this b/c I've been on accutane before and it totally messed me up.  I have been battling depression ever since I came off of it.  It will work, but is it really worth it?  I guess that's up to you to decide.  Good luck.

I agree with Lacey, it's really your decision on what to do.

If you go ahead with the Regimen there is a good chance you won't even need to go on Accutane, so consider that when you are making your decision.

FWIW, I did Accutane, and it was not a cure, the acne came back. The Regimen is keeping it under control though.

Good luck with your decision.