Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaxx

AM I GOING TO SCAR?

Hi, this might sound really embaressing, but when I came out of the shower (naked), i accidently spilled my tca and a tiny bit got on my leg and my testicle.. and im so serious..

what should i do??

Neutralize with baking soda and hope for the best. It may or may not leave a scar. It's too early to tell. The higher the percentage of TCA the more likely you are to scar. Also you may want to keep a thin layer of antibiotic ointment on the areas for the next few days. DO NOT pick any scabs off as this WILL leave a permenant scar.

Sorry to hear about your accident !! Hope it works out for the best!!

Neutralize with baking soda and hope for the best.  It may or may not leave a scar. It's too early to tell. The higher the percentage of TCA the more likely you are to scar.  Also you may want to keep a thin layer of antibiotic ointment on the areas for the next few days. DO NOT pick any scabs off as this WILL leave a permenant scar.

Sorry to hear about your accident !!  Hope it works out for the best!!

I think using baking soda 11 hours later is pretty much a mute point. I don't think it will be that bad if you realized it and washed it off immediately. Did your skin frost and for how long? That will give you an idea of how much it really reacted with the TCA.