Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi... i know i complain a lot, but i just can't talk to anybody else about this. My mom's sick of my complaints... and my dad lives far, far away and doesn't understand. And my little sister says that I've ruined her life because I never smile and never am cheerful. She's 10... I really hate myself for not being able to be nice to her, but I'm always depressed. The only friend i have is Simba, the dog in the avatar. He always seems to know why i'm depressed. He's all i got.

So here goes the anger. Why is there no option for me? I have this golfball size, purple cyst that's been on my freaking cheek for 5 freaking months. I tried cortisone shots 5 times. 7 months of hell, accutane 100mg, did not do shit for this cyst because I kept getting those fucking shots (I should've let it pop along with other cysts that are now healed because they popped.) Now, this cyst is just fucking ruining my life.

My face hurts 24/7 along with my mentality. I'm just so sick of all this!

The doc says i have 2 options: keep taking useless drugs or cut this bitch out. It's a lose-lose situation. The drugs won't do shit, i know that for sure. Cutting it out will leave a one inch scar across my right cheek. So.... what is a guy to do in this situation? Whatever choice i pick, i lose.

Why do i get these abscesses? Why can't i just get those normal pimples that other people have, huh? WHY ME??? And when will these freaking side effects from tane go?? What if I'm stuck with them forever?? WHY ME? Why can't I have normal acne? Why do i have to deal with these golfball-like boils?

I'm tired... I'm seriously gonna go nuts if i don't kill myself.

Guys, I know you are tired of listening to this bullshit kid who complains about one cyst, but there hasn't been ONE DAY (YES!) in the past year that I wasn't without at least ONE GOLF BALL (I'm not exaggerating at all. IT"S THAT BIG. The biggest one i had was 2 inches in diameter. Fun, huh? neutral.gif ) sitting on my fucking FACE! I think I've developed a mental disorder from this acne shit.

When will this end?

Oh, btw, school starts tomorrow. Goodbye to my hideout. Back to the battlefield.

I'm sorry for complaining. I think I may be cursed. Thx for listening... without this forum I'd have no where to rant.

sad.gif

dont feel stupid. thats the whole point of us being here, rant as much as you want and we'll always be here to listen (well to read it at least). please dont get upset, i dont know what to say, not very good in these situations, but you'll pull through. your probs sick of hearing that shit, buts its the best i can say. dont care about what other people think or say, just remember its your life and hopefully your not panicking over what people at school are gonna think.

over the past few days ive been learning to not care. sure my acne isnt as bad as yours, but its still there and its not going anywhere. i was going to the derm the other week and asked a nice old guy where the hospital was and he got off with me and walked me down to the clinic. i learnt that he had cancer, and thats where it hit me. theres millions, billions, of people in a worse situation than me and i gotta stop worrying and start looking at the good things in my life. please dont sit and stew over it, it'll just make you feel so much worse.

i feel for you man, and if you ever wanna rant, feel free. let it out on the boards or PM someone, im willing to listen.

take care

hi... i know i complain a lot, but i just can't talk to anybody else about this. My mom's sick of my complaints... and my dad lives far, far away and doesn't understand. And my little sister says that I've ruined her life because I never smile and never am cheerful. She's 10... I really hate myself for not being able to be nice to her, but I'm always depressed. The only friend i have is Simba, the dog in the avatar. He always seems to know why i'm depressed. He's all i got.

So here goes the anger. Why is there no option for me? I have this golfball size, purple cyst that's been on my freaking cheek for 5 freaking months. I tried cortisone shots 5 times. 7 months of hell, accutane 100mg, did not do shit for this cyst because I kept getting those fucking shots (I should've let it pop along with other cysts that are now healed because they popped.) Now, this cyst is just fucking ruining my life.

My face hurts 24/7 along with my mentality. I'm just so sick of all this!

The doc says i have 2 options: keep taking useless drugs or cut this bitch out. It's a lose-lose situation. The drugs won't do shit, i know that for sure. Cutting it out will leave a one inch scar across my right cheek. So.... what is a guy to do in this situation? Whatever choice i pick, i lose.

Why do i get these abscesses? Why can't i just get those normal pimples that other people have, huh? WHY ME??? And when will these freaking side effects from tane go?? What if I'm stuck with them forever?? WHY ME? Why can't I have normal acne? Why do i have to deal with these golfball-like boils?

I'm tired... I'm seriously gonna go nuts if i don't kill myself.

Guys, I know you are tired of listening to this bullshit kid who complains about one cyst, but there hasn't been ONE DAY (YES!) in the past year that I wasn't without at least ONE GOLF BALL (I'm not exaggerating at all. IT"S THAT BIG. The biggest one i had was 2 inches in diameter. Fun, huh?  neutral.gif ) sitting on my fucking FACE! I think I've developed a mental disorder from this acne shit.

When will this end?

Oh, btw, school starts tomorrow. Goodbye to my hideout. Back to the battlefield.

I'm sorry for complaining. I think I may be cursed. Thx for listening... without this forum I'd have no where to rant.

sad.gif

sorry you're feeling down dude. there ain't much i can say thats gonna make you feel better so im sending you hugs and kisses all the way from australia eusa_angel.gif xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gosh, thanks everybody. You are the best - all of you.

Yes, there were moments where I saw people who had it (not acne-wise, but life and health-wise) worse than I, and that made me realize that my life isn't too bad. But when I see "normal people," ya know, people with normal skin, normal health, normal looks, and normal life, I begin to wonder why it has to be me...

I never intended to sound like I had it the worst because I know that pyschologically and emotoinally any degree of acne can ruin your self-esteem, social life, and, worst of all, life itself. It's just that I'm so tired. I see no light, and the tunnel is damned long.

Lately, I've been thinking to myself, what I have done to myself, my mom, my sister, and my friends? This past year was hell, and it'll continue to be hell unless my face or attitude changes. My mom's sick of my complaints so much that she just explodes whenever i mention my acne. My sister hates me because I never play, talk, listen, or be a nice and kind brother to her. What I have done to people around me? sad.gif

And my school is full of normal skinned kids. I just feel like an outcast whenever i see "THEM." I hate my peers! ninja.gif

Thx for the support... like i said this site and my dog is all i got... eusa_boohoo.gif

Well... yeah I wish...

I've had 7 golfball sized cyst in the past year and 6 of them popped and left scars that are like the scars you'd have if you got slashed with a knife there. The spots where the cysts were are purple.. very noticable. It's like i have purple patches across my face

I also have millions of whiteheads...and very oily

I also have left over side effects from a terrible course of accutane... back pain... tinnitus So i can't even lift anymore

my nose is full of keloid scars from the 2 giant cysts i've had in the past

ANd apparently my skin is very sensitive after a course of tane so that i can't even use BP...

and i'm stuck with that giant cyst that i've been dealing with for the past 5 months..

...gosh i'm living in helll

You tried sulpheric ointment? That shit sucks the life out of infectious boils and cysts.

Really? The doc didn't say anything about that.... he says my cyst is so severe that my only options are drainage or drugs... tell me more

december, I'm really sorry for what you're going through sad.gif

Be strong, stay strong. *hugs*

I feel your pain but i don't know what to say to make you feel any better. Just try and think that all of us here know that we are all so much more then just skin.You are an individual person who is probably a whole lot wiser than the average person because of all the shit you are dealing with.

Just try and be strong and let your old personality shine through again-that sounds soo cheesy-but the sooner you act more positive and happy, the sooner other people will connect with you and you can try and live a normal life again.

It's almost impossible i know, to stay strong and confident when acne seems to be taking over you,but you just have to try. The world is a scary place full of challenges, but you just have to do your best and make the best of the situation-what do you have to loose??? Cheer up and picture yourself with perfect skin-act how you would then, and try to have a laugh. Your sister clearly can't see why acne has changed you so much and you should try and think like her. It's hard but you got to try. I wish I could help you more. eusa_angel.gif

You tried sulpheric ointment? That shit sucks the life out of infectious boils and cysts.

Really? The doc didn't say anything about that.... he says my cyst is so severe that my only options are drainage or drugs... tell me more

Guest Marino

Dont feel bad about hating a 5 month old cyst.

I start bitching to myself if i get the smallest pimple for any more than 3 days.

You have every right to vent about something that stubborn.

I think you should try Gumbys idea, if it doesn't work i suggest you cut it out.

Not meaning to get you down, but what are the odds of it leaving a scar beind if it naturally goes away? I'm guessing anything that size will scar so i'd get it cut out.

Also there are scar treatments available once your acne clears [trust me it will one day] so dont feel like scars are the end of the world, coz theres hundreads of treatments out there.

Good luck!