Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
floodingophelia

how long do you break out

Less than three days from my experience. But there's a lot of factors involved. If their just small whiteheads usually just the next day. If their cysts then it takes about three days.

Less than three days from my experience. But there's a lot of factors involved. If their just small whiteheads usually just the next day. If their cysts then it takes about three days.

I think that it has a lot to do with the person. Some one might break out the next day and some one ells might break out a week later. You’ve got to play around with it.

Hope these helps!

Guest virgo

Even though people say eating chocolate gives acne is a myth, when I eat hershey's milk chocolate first of all it feels gross and gritty in my mouth.. second of all.. always the next day I break out on my cheeks and it really sucks. It only happens with Hershey's milk chocolate though... when I eat other chocolate im fine.

I just finished a bag of skittles, my face now feels very irritated I know I'm gonna pay for it tomorrow - hopefully it's not too bad.

I just had to taste this wonderful candy again.

Guest Dwight_Sheila69

After eating pizza it seems like I will breakout soon after, im not totally 100% on this but it seems that way too me. I usually get a couple but arent too big.

I just finished a bag of skittles, my face now feels very irritated I know I'm gonna pay for it tomorrow - hopefully it's not too bad.

I just had to taste this wonderful candy again.

that's funny cause my face seemed irritated after eating skittles too, and I broke out the next day and the day after that , so it was definitely skittles related.

First off anyone who's said that they eat something "bad" and the next day break out needs to know something....

A blemish takes 2-3 weeks to develop. If you got a pimple the next day it's pure coincidence and has nothing to do with what you ate.

First off anyone who's said that they eat something "bad" and the next day break out needs to know something....

A blemish takes 2-3 weeks to develop. If you got a pimple the next day it's pure coincidence and has nothing to do with what you ate.

I've heard that multiple times, but I still think it varies with everyone.

I've heard that multiple times, but I still think it varies with everyone.

For those intersted, here's an excert and links to other threads where we're discussing what acne "is"

Have you figured out where I’m going here?  Well it’s basically what the thread, Acne: A New Theory has evolved into.  If acne has different causes, how can any person, doctor, or scientist tell you or me that food, splenda, nickel, etc doesn’t cause acne for us on an individual basis???  I mean it’s accepted that hormones can do it, that cosmetics can do it, that helmet friction can, and let’s not forget…bacteria.  Yet, stating that acne can be caused/triggered by food or other toxins (assoc. w/ processed food?) is absolutely incomprehensible?  Hmm.. how can acne have different causes and yet be so difficult to understand? Doesn’t acne kinda sound like it may actually have some other etiology all together?  That maybe it was misclassified?

Perhaps it sounds like an allergy.  That has an immune response.  Inflammation is involved and even inflammatory skin reactions occur.  Oh, but an allergy is an ImmediateType Hypersensitivity (Type I Hypersensivity) where a reaction occurs within 24 hrs and acne takes supposedly weeks or months to form (LOL).  Ok, well what if acne was more of a Late Onsetor Delayed-Type Hypersensitivity (Type IV Hypersensitivty)? If it was, and there are a few supportive studies out there, it would fit what some say.  Some say it takes 3 weeks, 6 weeks, or 3 months to form (they can’t even agree on this).  Yet if we analyzedhow long it took acne to form after we used the wrong skin care, supplement, or ate a particular food, did it really take that long?  Most of us would say on average it takes within a 3 – 7 days, right?

So if acne is just another sign of some sort of hypersensitivity, then why don’t we treat it accordingly?  Why don’t we just eliminate the trigger or stimuli of our (skin’s) immune activation and move on with our lives?  Why all this drama, agony, and most importantly arguing among members over the answers when we are ALL probably right  ;-)  So once again, IF acne really is a Delayed Type Hypersensitivity reaction that was ignored all these years, all we have to do is find the stimuli of our immune activation, avoid it, and our acne goes away.    eusa_dance.gif

Of course, for example,  those that find that they are avoiding more foods than they care to, that’s where all the various detox & cleansing regimens come into play.  If it’s genetic, you may not benefit from this, but if it was caused by something else (environmental), healing or eliminating the cause may very well allow you to be exposed to such stimuli again.

So I guess my point is that acne is another sign (we may have others) of a hypersensitivity disorder. Just like most skin problems, it’s a sign of something going on that our bodies don’t particularly appreciate.  Sometimes it may not be anything serious and other times it may be an indicator of some major underlying problem.  Therefore, we can choose to pursue it and do what is necessary to fix it or not. 

Furthermore, while acne is similar to an allergy, it clearly is notan allergy and as such an allergy test may be futile, but there are other possible hypersensitivity tests available.  However, just like allergy sufferers, acne sufferers also have varying tolerance thresholds for their particular stimuli and this could explain why so and so doesn't breakout with lots of acne or any acne from eating the same "bad" foods.  http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthr...334#post1868334

SweetJade, I will have to say I disagree with you completely, and leave it at that.. biggrin.gif

Ah and I meant no insults by what I've said, and I still stand by it.. as my dermo has also said the same thing.

SweetJade, I will have to say I disagree with you completely, and leave it at that.. biggrin.gif

Ah and I meant no insults by what I've said, and I still stand by it.. as my dermo has also said the same thing.