Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jfjf106

Could any1 suggest a good diet please?

i would be greatfull if some1 could suggest a good diet they have either used or think will be fine for acne. i want to elimate everything which could aggrevate it, sugar, wheat, milk etc.

i have been doing this for nearly a year now although the first 6 months i didnt realise most of the ingredients in foods.

im finding it hard to find anything to eat or enjoy it.

any suggestions please?

I would cut out meat, and cow dairy (try just eating goat or sheep dairy, or any other dairy just not cow dairy) I would also limit the amount of oil that you eat. Also eat lots of fruit and vegetables, and eat organic as much as possible. See if that helps and then try add in meat or dairy (one at a time) and see if you start to get acne agin. Maybe cut out wheat also (I have not try cutting out wheat, but I know that lots of people get acne from it) That’s what I did and my acne

is a lot better! I hope that these helps!

Also if you wont to fine something else go to www.bodybuilding.com they have a lot of different diets that are really good and heathy.

Good luck,

Olivia

First, try not to listen to what everyone here says. If you do, you will wind up eating only strawberries and lettuce. People say everything breaks them out so after awhile you start to believe them and then you wind up eating nothing. Is anyone here an expert? No! of course not, but people just read things from a website and believe it must be true. The best thing is to make your own decisions about food based on what you believe to be true. Here are just some general tips on food.

Alot of people are allergic to wheat in a sense because of the gluten. Wheat isn't even that old. Maybe a few hundred years, but it was derived from Spelt. Spelt is a better alternative to wheat because it has lower gluten levels. Now does that mean it is good for you and won't cause acne? Who knows because everyone is different. If you want carbs, stuff like sprouted bread would be better or brown rice. Tastewise, sprouted bread takes a week or so to get use.

I think all fruits and veggies are good to eat. It is good to get a variety of different vitamins and minerals. I tend to stay away from oranges, grapfruit, lemons, etc. Not because I think they will cause acne, but I just don't like the sour taste.

If you eat meat try to get organic, but if not just get antibiotic free chicken, which isn't organic, but it contains no growth hormones. Alot of people say red meat is bad, but I feel I should eat it once in awhile so I do, every two weeks or so. Fish I tend to stay away from because of the polluted sea. But, I will eat it once in awhile if I feel like it.

Dairy is another big issue with everyone here. I don't drink milk because I don't have any desire to. I do like cheese and I do eat it when I want to. Like last night I made zucchini chips, which served about 6 people and I used 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and 1 Tb. of milk. Now divide that between 6 people and its like a teaspoon of dairy, which is nothing. Or try recipes using Feta cheese, which is a goats/ sheeps milk cheese. I made a baked zucchini dish, which had 6 zucchinis in it, a few cups of brown rice, some feta cheese and a little sour cream. Now this served 8 people, so if you divided it up, I would have only eaten like an 1/8 cup of feta and sour cream. Moderation is so important.

The key is to eat alot of different things so you don't get bored. When I ate like most people do here, my acne was horrible for a whole year. You become paranoid about what you can and cannot eat and it just isn't good for you. After a year, I realized that I should just eat what I wanted to. I don't eat junk food or any refined sugar, but just because you eat healthy, it doesn't mean you have to deprive yourself of taste.

Check out a cooking magazine called Cooking Light. Of course alot of the recipes aren't really good for you, but half of the recipes are and each month you can have 20 new healthy recipes to choose from. It is hard to look at broccoli and chicken and say how can I make this taste good, but there are so many different healthy ways to do it. Just remember to eat everything in moderation and you won't feel like a diet is a prison.

finally somone with brains! i got caught up in this too. for six months i was trying to follow what everyone was saying, and i lost 11 lbs. i was eating nothing because everyone was saying practically everything was bad to eat for acne. i was trying to work out, yet follow a diet that would help me stay acne free. boy do those two not mix. and the stuff people do list you can eat is sometimes hard to find at regular grocery stores, and can be more expensive. i was very unhappy.

this does not work. everyone is different. you need to keep your own log from day to day of what you eat. then you can start to see some correlation between what you eat and breakouts. Then you can determine a diet accordingly. For example, I completely cut out cheese because people said it was bad. And I love cheese. So I was unhappy. But then I decided to do my own testing and found out I am not like other people. Cheese for me is fine. So now I eat as much cheese as I want and I am fine. I did find that pop does break me out. So now I stay away from soda. There are plenty of alternatives to drinking pop.

simply cutting out everything that people say is bad would leave you with drinking lemon water and eating nothing for the rest of your life.

take the initiative and find out what is right for you. everyone is different, no two people are going to respond to diet or medication in the same way. so you cannot expect to get the same results as someone else. i mean look at bp gel. some people sware it is the devil, for others it is their holy grail. Everyone is different!

I would say a gluten free and alkaline diet. Works for me. This might mean you'll have to shop at whole paycheck AKA whole foods for gluten free products. smile.gif

lol... whole paycheck... that's a good one. but you can't put a price tag on your health wink.gif

Take a body builder's diet, I post it somewhere here....

Or I REALLY SUGGEST TAKE A JAPANESE DIET!

Japanese is very popular for the healtiest body in Asia and its normal for them to live for more than 100 yrs. old.

I hope cute japanese girls can stay cute till 100 wub.gif

I agree with the others. It's a very personalized indivualized customized thing. biggrin.gif Yes most of us may be HYPERsensitive to a particular food (elimination diet is the most accurate measure), but not everyone will be. If you are in the minority, that completely leaves you out and left feeling as if food doesn't affect your skin which you truly don't know because you didn't test out other food that were less common suspects or triggers.

Fortunately and unfortunately, members, such as myself, mentioning our diets do so to make things easier, but pleaseto into account that we follow a particular det for a particular health reason(s) (hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, candida, leaky gut syndrome, etc) and therefore sometimes IF you know your health problems, you can kinda pick a diet to start with. This would not apply if you have Leaky Gut Syndrome, which some of us do to an extent, because then ANY FOOD is a possible suspect and that's when Elimination Diets come into play.

Regardless of what diet/method you choose, to keep organized or maintain your sanity, it may be best to keep a food journal. Write down what you eat and note any signs/symptoms that occur every dayand eventually you'll detect a pattern. From there avoid that particular food that you think may be causing you problems and see what happens after a few weeks of avoidance. Then reintroduce the food you avoided (this is the REAL test) and note any signs/symptoms that occur over the next 2 weeks.

Of course if you are avoiding something that was processed, you do need to take into account each individual ingredient of the food, because it may be a single ingredient in it and note the actual product itself. Or you can always take a bettery of tests, but Food Allergy is not the same as Food Intolerance and that's not the same as a Food Hypersensitivity. Actually they are all forms of hypersensitivity, but they use differentmarkers to determine sensitivity and as such the first two may not be sensitive enough for your sitiuation. You can try them though http://www.foodallergysolutions.com/food-a...y-news0402.html or if money is no object you can test for all forms of immune activation for $1500! http://www.epc-odx.com/hiw/index.htm

Well it's your lucky day jf,

http://www.lowcarb.ca/

Thousands visit this site, check out the sucess stories then head to the forums where their are literally over 2 million messages.

PS. Also check out the picture gallery for 1. Perve smile.gif and 2. OMG factor.

Also type in acne and see what other people did.

whats working for me is all whole foods, the widest variety possible to ensure you do not create deficiencies. include plenty of coconut oil, fish oil, olive oil but no others. include nuts and seeds for valuable nutrients but buy them in the shell to prevent rancidity. absolutely no grains, no dairy, no fruit, no salt, no spicy foods, and obviously no junk. its not easy, ill admit. i was doing all of this but it didnt completely work until i stopped eating fruit, which is what i always dreaded. consider eating raw egg yolk, i think this is important. change your diet and look into internal cleansing of the colon and liver especially. hope it helps.

im pleased for all the replys, thankyou very much people. thankyou for the link posted i will check those out. my diet is changed and has been its just im finding it hard 2 fill myself up and its no fun eating things which i hate. although ive done it to try and help cure my acne. i have no acne now after trying all the things i possibly could . i want to keep my diet changed as i dont want it coming back.. thankyou all for your responses.