Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have acne for about 5 years now. In the first three years, every cyst or zit i would pop, healed just fine and never left a scar or anything. Now, even the most tiny zit I get, forms in to a red mark or indentet scar. It's not only my face that is healing badly, but also the rest of my body. Whenever I get a small wound on my arm, hand or anywhere else on my body, it takes a couple of months to heal, and then leaves me with a scar or brown patch.

Also, I have been taking for 3 months:

Vitamin C

Vitamin E

Alpha lipoic acid

MSM

Zink

B-50 Plex

Even this doesn't seem to help. I'm really desperate, cause i'm looking more awful by the day. What can I do about this?

You need to find out what's causing it. Slow healing can be a sign of malnutrition, anemia, even various liver diseases. Go get a general physical and insist to your doc that s/he help figure this out.

I seem to be in a similar boat though it’s quite likely you’re a lot younger than me if you started getting acne in adolescence. I thought my slow wound healing must be age related until I realized my own mother heals so much faster than me even though she’s had her fair share of UV damage and is about 30yr’s older than me. This made me more certain it must be health related. I’d had a fairly poor appetite for several years and was skipping breakfasts and sometimes a proper lunch as well and was naturally lacking. It’s been 3-4 months and I’ve improved quite a bit in my eating. 5 mornings a week for the last 3 – 4 months I’ve taken 1 Tblsp each of wheatgerm, brewers yeast, rice bran, lecithin granules, blackstrap molasses, virgin olive oil, 2tsp phsyllium husks, 2Tb soy protein powder, 4mls cod liver oil (cos I hardly see the sun these days) and a tsp MSM in a cup of oat milk wizzed up (I have to hold my nose). I also take daily 1 Vit C, Grapeseed 12000, Salmon oil and get my Vit B and E etc from the wheat germ and brewers yeast in my shake, to which I’ve just started adding 2-3 cloves raw garlic recently. Well maybe I’m impatient but I was expecting it to have made at least a little difference by now but like yourself, it hasn’t. sad.gif

Maybe for some reason or other the body isn’t absorbing and assimilating these goodies properly or maybe it needs more time. I keep thinking I must still be lacking in something and then I wonder if it’s the mercury fillings (which mum has too though) or could be the liver or my nervous disposition, God only knows. I’m keeping on experimenting (just started using a liver tonic) and if I don’t get somewhere soon I’ll get my blood checked out for everything going. Keep us posted how you get on!!

Edit: LibbyM said when she took heaps of Vit C it sped up her healing but others say your body only uses so much and to take so large amounts is a waste. Who knows, our bodies might need more than the average person for some reason so increasing the intake is certainly worth a try. As far as I know it isn’t harmful and what the body doesn’t use it throws off.

Okay - this is something I didn't really want to delve into on these boards, but I feel I must give some background.

A member of my immediate family has hepatitis-c (HCV). HCV is very different from types a or b. It is permanent, and cannot be cured. It is also terminal. It is transmitted the same way as AIDS; blood to blood contact, sex and needle sharing. My relative got it from the latter, as did his best friend.

Hepatitis-c destroys your liver, and thusly your immune system. When your liver can no longer filter toxins out of your body, the effects of illness are more severe, medications stronger, wound healing amazingly slow. Three months down time on a paper cut, for example.

My relative and his best friend are both male, in their early 50's, with similar lifestyles. They difference between the 2 of them is herbal and vitamin supplements.

They discovered they had HCV at roughly the same time, my relative began taking Milk Thistle immediatley, whereas his best friend did nothing. Within two years the friend was here: (see red)

Fibrosis Scoring Systems in Liver Biopsies[12-15]None 0 0 0

Portal fibrosis (some) 1 1 1

Portal fibrosis (most) 1 1 2

Bridging (few) 3 2 3

Bridging (many) 3 3 4

Incomplete cirrhosis 4 4 5

Established cirrhosis 4 4 6

My relative was where you see the blue.

Fibrosis, or liver scarring, is what impairs the liver and keeps it functioning properly. Cirrhosis is advanced fibrosis, and renders the liver virtually worthless.

The friend received a liver transplant, and retained the same lifestyle. The relative remained on his course (supplementing with milk thistle).

10 years later, the friend is now here: (see red)

Fibrosis Scoring Systems in Liver Biopsies[12-15]None 0 0 0

Portal fibrosis (some) 1 1 1

Portal fibrosis (most) 1 1 2

Bridging (few) 3 2 3

Bridging (many) 3 3 4

Incomplete cirrhosis 4 4 5

Established cirrhosis 4 4 6

The relative is again in blue.

So why the hell did I say all this? Well, I'm not saying either of you has HCV, that would be VERY unlikely. What I am trying to say is that you need to listen to your body, be as proactive as possible. When the body heals improperly, or slowly, it's telling you something is wrong - help it. If either of you has a history of IV drug use, relatives with HCV, or a history of alcoholism, liver impairment is possible. If thet;s the case, milk thistle has been used safely for centuries, and until quite recently, was the only treatment for deathcap (a mushroom) poisoning.

Hmff. I'm not sure I've expressed myself clearly, I get kinda emotional when I think about this. I hope you get my drift. eusa_eh.gif

I don't think I have HCV, because I can't think of an event where I shared blood with anyone. But I am going to try the milk thistle though, because i'm only 18 so it's definetly not normal that i'm healing this slow. I can't think of anyone else in my family that had something like this. None of them ever had a problem with their liver.

I'm going to try the following supplements for a couple of monts: (if it hasn't improved by then, I'll go and see a doctor about it)

MSM powder (5gr)

Multi Vitamin

Vitamin C (5gr)

Amino 1500

Ginkgo Biloba

Cayenne

Garlic

Milk Thistle

Green Tea

I was thinking that it might had something to do with a poor blood circulation, so that's why i'm taking the Cayenne, Garlic and Ginkgo Biloba. I'll have to order this so my guess is that I will be able to start with all these supplements within a week of 2-3. I will let you guys know if this helped or not.

I don't think I have HCV, because I can't think of an event where I shared blood with anyone. But I am going to try the milk thistle though, because i'm only 18 so it's definetly not normal that i'm healing this slow. I can't think of anyone else in my family that had something like this. None of them ever had a problem with their liver.

I'm going to try the following supplements for a couple of monts: (if it hasn't improved by then, I'll go and see a doctor about it)

MSM powder    (5gr)

Multi Vitamin

Vitamin C        (5gr)

Amino 1500

Ginkgo Biloba

Cayenne

Garlic

Milk Thistle

Green Tea

I was thinking that it might had something to do with a poor blood circulation, so that's why i'm taking the Cayenne, Garlic and Ginkgo Biloba. I'll have to order this so my guess is that I will be able to start with all these supplements within a week of 2-3. I will let you guys know if this helped or not.

MSM powder (5gr)

Multi Vitamin

Vitamin C (5gr)

Amino 1500

Ginkgo Biloba

Cayenne

Garlic

Milk Thistle

Green Tea

Thanks Ayla, I do appreciate your help. I hadn’t looked into something like HCV but from your description I think I too can safely rule it out at least from being a possibility. It’s made me think though that my liver may be sluggish from having candida for a few years in my teens and only now when I am older it may possibly be taking a toll. One more endless possibility I guess. I just read the label of my liver tonic and the main ingredient is indeed milk thistle so hopefully like you say, this could help. Thanks again for your trouble.

I thought Ginkgo Biloba is for those who have memory problem?

As for the bp and marks, some say yes, some say no. You will never get a def answer on here or anywhere as no one really knows, and its diff from person to person. There is only one way to find out...But if you still have acne and BP is helping do you want to get more acne???

I highly doubt you have liver diease (all forms), and if you do it wouldnt show at the age of 18.

Also, something I didn't mentioned before. The area around my eyes is white. It looks as if I have been sitting in the sun with sunglasses on. The white area around my eyes really stands out from the rest of my face.

I have been searching on google, but I couldn't find anything with these symptomes. Can anyone help me out here please?

Eat more fresh foods including fruit and vegetables. Supplements only go so far when your diet isn't up to scratch in the first place.

i agree..improve your diet...be healthy...

in my opinion...my skin heals faster when I stick to a consistent exercise routine....if there is something wrong with your liver...do a flush....take milk thistle and it should help