Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I can not believe how simple this has been. I cant believe the lengths I have gone to in order to solve my problems with my skin.

I have tried everything. I was one of those people who made drastic changes to my diet. I carried out a 2 week cleanse when this did not work it convinced me it is not what I am eating that is causing the problem it is something not functioning 100% in my body.

I was told that I have a low production of hydrochlauric acid in my stomach, my food was not getting broken down adequately which was causing the congestion in my body. Yeah another theory I thought I would give a go. Guess what it has worked and it hardly costs me anything.

Good old apple cider vinegar, not just on your face as a toner but drinking it in warm water with each meal. I have not broken out for weeks and my skin is slowly starting to heal using the lemon & egg white masks and jojoba mixed with aloe vera.

I cant believe how simple a solution this is.

Many people say they cant stand the smell, I am addicted to it now, I actually feel like it when I start eating.

Start with one teaspoon and build it up to what you feel comfortable with.

I really just cant believe it. I really wish I took pictures now so I could show you all. Please to anyone that has tried everything and is going mad as I was please just commit yourself for 2-4 weeks you will see a change.

I have not visited here for ages as I have not needed to but I will never forget this place especially on those days when I just felt so crappy about my face.

Thank god for the internet!

yup, ACV will do wonders for low acid production. i'm glad you brought up that topic because low HCL can be another big factor in acne. follow shelley's protocol http://www.askshelley.com/faq.php?p=default&cat=53#a107 and http://www.askshelley.com/faq.php?p=default&cat=53#a108

you can get ACV at any health food store, or health food section. if it's not Bragg's, make sure it still has the "mother" in it.

I've seen a couple of pretty serious studies that concluded vinegar taken before meals drastically lowers the after-meal blood-sugar spike. So the reason vinegar clears acne up might also have to do with glucose intolerance/insulin resistance--at least for individuals with (a form of) PCOS/syndrome X.

Nutritionist Carol S. Johnston of Arizona State University East in Mesa looked at the role of vinegar and has found that 2 tablespoons of vinegar before a meal can dramatically lower the increased insulin and blood sugar (glucose) levels that typically occur in people who have type 2 diabetes. In her study, she looked at a group made up of a third type 2 diabetics, a thid who were pre-diabetic, and a third with no signs of diabetes. Measuring blood levels after a high-carb breakfast, Johnston found that vinegar improved the readings for all 3 groups, but results were most dramatic among those who were prediabetic. In their case, vinegar cut their blood sugar increase in the first hour after eating by as much as half.

Johnston decided to study vinegar after coming across earlier reports, including a 2001 study, that found that pickles could lower the blood-sugar spikes that take place after eating. Johnston and her researchers speculate that a particular acid found in vinegar and pickles may prevent digestion of carbs in the stomach.

In another study, Johnston had half the volunteers take a 2-tablespoon dose of vinegar prior to each of two meals daily for 4 weeks, and the other group members were told to avoid vinegar. Interestingly, the vinegar users had an average 2 pound weight loss over 4 weeks (as much as 4 weeks in some participants), compared to constant average weight in the group not drinking vinegar.

Note that actual vinegar or pickled foods seem to do the trick but vinegar supplements don't work, because they don't contain acetic acid, which, based on studies, is the ingredient Johnstons suspects is helping control blood sugar.

I was drinking A.C.V. for about 1 week and went out of town and never got back into it. confused.gif Anyway I would mix 2 tablespoons of A.C.V. with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 cup of water. OMG it was so good! Just a tip of you don’t like A.C.V biggrin.gif

all acid foods halt the digestion of starches. thats why people experience indigestion when they have cereal or toast with orange juice in the morning.

if you look into food combining, youll see that they recommend not to combine acid fruits or vinegar with starch because it halts the action of salivary amylase. i dont know if this is necessarily a good thing.

i used to sip on ACV water but it took the enamel off my teeth and its not been easy to get the enamel back

so drinkin it actually helps clear the acne????

how many times a day do u drink it and with what cuz the taste is strongggggggg

all acid foods halt the digestion of starches.  thats why people experience indigestion when they have cereal or toast with orange juice in the morning.

if you look into food combining, youll see that they recommend not to combine acid fruits or vinegar with starch because it halts the action of salivary amylase.  i dont know if this is necessarily a good thing.

i used to sip on ACV water but it took the enamel off my teeth and its not been easy to get the enamel back

Yea, I have had great success with apple cider vinegar. It seems to do work magic inside your body,but then I noticed that my teeth started losing their white covering (enamel). How do you solve that problem other than sucking on the vinegar with a straw, or using a retainer, or diluting the vinegar with water?