Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my opinion is not to use lemon directly on scars, I have seen scars getting worse even resulting in new scars. In fact, it is time and patience which heals scars.

I tried to dab some pure lemon on my scar once, before I used vinegar. It stung like heck, so I rinsed it right away and never used it again. So, I cannot comment on lemon. WHite wine vinegar was milder than lemon, but irritated my skin after 10 days.

I tried pure lime twice a day on my scars (not the whole face) after I quit vinegar. Amazingly, it was even milder (almost without the sting) than vinegar for my skin. I saw my scars diminish significantly after a week using pure lime juice. I bought the limes in an Asian store but I run out of them right now :D

White vinegar is used for cleaning. Apple Cider vinegar should be used for personal care (face). Apple Cider Vinegar will not make your face sting. As white vinegar is nor acidic than Apple cider vinegar. Give this a try, it worked for me

Green eyes, I didn't use white vinegar. I used white WINE vinegar, they are two different animals O:) I know white vinegar is used for cleaning, I was the first one who mentioned it in the Vinegar/Lemon thread. O:) White wine vinegar is distilled from wine, while white vinegar is usually distilled from ethyl alcohol. White wine vinegar is milder than both white vinegar and apple cider. If I couldn't use white wine vinegar, using apple cider is a suicide :D . The only vinegar that is milder than white wine vinegar is rice vinegar. O:)

But I think my problem is not about acidity per se, I tried to dilute the vinegar to 1:10, but it still stung. Maybe, I am sensitive to acetic acid or some chemical composition in vinegar. Lime is far more acidic than white vinegar, even lemon, but I can use it without the sting. O:)

I'm not sure about the white wine vinegar :D . But i have sentive skin and the apple cider vinegar didn't sting at all for me. It really reduces the pinkness in my, scars, as you don't call it, just the pinkness from previous breakouts. I don't have pick scars or anything like that. But it really help it overnight. It' was amazing! :lol: I used lemon years ago and man that did not work at all. It made the pimple soooo red i felt like my face was full of red tomatoes. But i have a pretty clear face now. Just a couple pimples but i cool with the way my face is now.

Green eyes,

I am the apple cider works great for you O:) Maybe I'll try to use diluted apple cider when my skin gets back to normal. Right now I have no pimples but my skin gets very dry and it is painfull to use even small amount of acid O:)

matahari - what type of scars did you see reduced with the lime juice?

Elle,

I am not sure what do you call those type of scars: rolling? You know, when you squeeze pimples (my bad habit!), sometimes they'll leave you dark brown scars? Probably they wouldn't be a problem if you have darker skin color. I am an Asian with olive (very light brown) skin, so those black scars look pretty nasty. The result was pretty impressive after 1 week of treatment (plus drinking green tea with lime and honey), the scars looked a lot lighter. O:) But right now I am trying something that is far less irritant than lime and looks very promising. I have been using it for a couple of days and the result is even more impressive than lime. If it works great after a week, I will post it. O:)

although dark marks can be as distressing as scars I dont think they are considered scars unless they are raised, indented or pitted. thank you for your response.

Elle, they are raised O:) I know exactly where they are even though I am not looking at the mirror, because they are not smooth like regular marks. I can feel them with my finger O:)

Elle,

no problem at all O:) I've been using chinese violet orchid (bletilla striata) for my scars. This is the third day and the result looks promising. Will post a report after a week O:)