Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
porad

Accutane: 1 month in and the oil is back?!

Hey, I'm on day 26 here of 40mg (40mg for 5 months). Last week I had noticed that my skin no longer got oily, period. This evening, I got home, washed my face with a gentle cleanser, didn't apply moisturizer, and a few hours later I had quite a bit of oil built up again shock.gif What gives?!

cliffs: oil gone one week, back the next.

Anyone experience anything like this?

Im 5 weeks in and recently my skin has been very flaky but today my skin is a tiny bit greasier than normal...hope it doesnt get worse. My face used to be a permanent oil slick and need washing every 2 hours! Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

Vanessa wink.gif

Hi lol.gif

I'm also having this problem... I've been on Roaccutane for about a month now, and after several weeks of wonderful non-oily skin, the oil is coming back again! sad.gif I'm seeing the dermatologist in a few weeks, so maybe I need to go on a higher dose or something. So I wanted to ask, has your skin stopped being oily now, or has the oil returned for good?

Thanks, cya cool.gif

I now know what was making my skin get more oily! And I've fixed it now. I have a pretty good diet most of the time, but I often buy a chocolate bar at school, and I eat HEAPS when I get home from school. Anyway, I put myself on a bit of a diet which involved eating only 3 meals a day (no snacks), with breakfast & lunch being just fruit. Pretty silly, I know, but it seemed like a good idea at the time tongue.gif So anyway, that's when my skin started getting oily again, after it had been oil-free for ages on Roaccutane. Then I remembered being told that Roaccutane is absorbed much better when you eat more fatty foods. So I stopped my healthy fruit diet and went back to normal, even having a few more junk food items than usual... and what do you know, the oil has disappeared again! My skin has returned to being very dry, but it's better than having oil building up.

Might be just a coincidence, but I think it was the diet thing that caused it. That's the only thing I can think of anyway. I will have to start doing a bit more exercise to compensate for my eating now though, I think.

Just to update you guys, I was upped to 60mg soon after my oil seemed to be returning.. needless to say, my skin is once again oil free smile.gif

I can't say whether or not it would have dried up again while staying at the 40mg dose..