Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does sleeping late or lack of sleep cause acne? My mom always blames my bad sleeping habits on acne, and perhaps that would improve my conditions?

Thanks

Nope, on the contrary, the more sleep you get the healthier your skin will be. As long as your pillowcases are clean and your hair is tied back. (;

I don't think it affects it at all, sometimes i'm out/up till 2am and so sleep in late but my acne doesn't really look much different to what it does when i sleep normally.

Sleep = Beauty Rest.. blah. I have to sleep before 12 or else my face starts to breakout w/ whiteheads the dayy//couple of days after. ITS CRAP. But.. either way.. sleep is good for you.

Haha.. i used to think like that.. i would sayy.. eh i can sleep at 3am and just wake up late.. the same thing. BUT.. growing up i realized. That it really depends on the the QUALITY you sleep. Let me explain. Your liver starts to work around 1am. So.. some do those fancy LIVER CLEANSES.. well. You gotta sleep before 1am to have a good liver right? So.. yeah. && then your lungs work after that.. so blah blah blah.

BASICALLY: no you cant.

Well, when you sleep at around 10:00 PM for a few days, your body adjusts to that time and it get's used to sleeping at that time and when you sleep later than that, it isn't really used to it.. biggrin.gif I'm not really that knowledgeable when it comes to Personal Health biggrin.gif

Anyways, sleep is the best time for the body to heal and alot of sleep is required if you want to help your body smile.gif

Your body doesn't know what time it is. It depends on your schedule of how your liver works. You can't tell me that people that work nightshifts has their liver start working at 1:00 am.. ha ha.. that's too funny.

I find that my skin is better when I get more sleep. I think it looks healthier (even though it does get oilier) but it is more even-toned.

I think just going without make up longer helps my skin feel and look better.

I dont find that my skin get's worse if I go to bed late! - I do find though that if ive been out drinking and get up in the morning, its ten times worse! sorry to change the subject but the effects of alcohol on skin are horrible!.. does anybody have the same problem?

Well if you go to bed at ten o'clock for a few days - your body clock alters, so

if you go later one night - say on a weekend, it will notice.. but then again

if u get the same amount of sleep as normal, i dont see why it matters?!

The amount of sleep you get I don't think is as important as the quality of sleep you get. Your body's biologic clock is set according to sunrise and sundown, your body is much more happy when you wake and rise with the sun. Adjusting your sleeping patterns on a daily basis can put stress on your body which in turn could cause flare ups.

It's not the amount of sleep but the quality. It is during the 3rd and 4th stages of sleep that the body does its repair work including skin renewal. So, even if you sleep for like 12 hours a day, when your sleep doesn't even reach stage 4, then sleep does nothing for your skin.