Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
confessions

a Healthy Diet Can Help Acne Alot

This is my first post. I just wanted to share with you my experience with diet and acne. I tried Dan's regimen and i got great results but still got occassional acne. After adding a few things to my diet my acne completely disappeared. These are the foods I added and reduced from my daily diet.

1. 1 or 2 bowls of mixed vegetables : peas, carrots, and corn ( frozen bags from ralphs or albertsons, really cheap)

2. 1 cup of green tea (supposedly rich in antioxidants)

3. no binging on sugary foods like we all like to do sometimes (ie icecream until we're tired of icecream)

And that's it. After 1 week I didn't get any new acne and its been about 6 or 7 months since starting the regimen. I searched around the internet looking for an explanation and found this article among many that argued vegetables and antioxidants have an anti-inflammatory effect on the body, helping with acne. http://beauty.ivillage.com/skinbody/acne/0,,qjhj,00.html

I urge eveyone to try this cause it worked really well for me and i hope it works well for you if you still have problems. By the way, thanks Dan for sharing the regimen with all of us.

-andy

Guest Nohxpolitan

Make a run to Jamba Juice and get a 1 or 2 oz whatgrass shot and a matcha green tea shot, that much wheatgrass is equivelent to a few pounds of raw vegetables and matcha green tea, well, it's green tea.