Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Today I went to the derm. (I think I got a nice one, btw.)

She prescribed me 100 mg of Dynacin, evoclin foam, && Klaron lotion

What i'm suppossed to do::::

Take 1 pill of Dynacin in the morning (my bad...i thought it was 2 at first..)

Wash face && apply evoclin foam in the morning (leave it on)

Apply Klaron lotion at night && leave it on until the next morning then wash it off

It was weird...when I was at the derm. I felt more human...It's hard to explain. Cuz their were actually people with acne who could relate when I was beginning to think I was the only one with acne because no one at my school or around me has it so I felt like I was the only one! (Even though I know i'm not..) I didn't feel like I was alone. biggrin.gif Their was this kute guy there too && he had acne && he was still hawt! lol.

My derm. didn't even really talk to me...she came in, looked at my face, gave me a prescription, and then left. Is that normal??? She was very gung-ho. She gave me this long speech about beating acne and how "It's going to get worse before it can get better". (I was *hoping* she wouldn't say that!! cry.gif )

I hope now that i'm starting treatment it will get better. I go back to school in three days. Bleh.

Thanks swtserenity! xD

Day 1:

I took my pill in the morning & washed my face....blah, blah, blah. I don't seem to be seeing any visual sign of reduction on my face or back....it is just the first day, afterall. No syptoms so far.. ((except for the ones I have invented in my mind eusa_eh.gif )) That Klaron lotion smells something awful... evil.gif Although the evoclin foam smells like a doctor's office....xD

*Phantom of the opera music plays*

eusa_whistle.gif Patience is a virtue....((another way of saying that it'll probably take me a long time to see results doubt.gif ))

But I am optimistic! DIE YOU ACNE FIEND!!!! DIE!!!! eusa_boohoo.gif

~Jess

I forgot to post yesterday..opps... eusa_shifty.gif

Day 3-

My skin is breaking out, big time. I've been getting really depressed...because today was the first day of school for me and I saw my friend I haven't seen in awhile & she goes "Your face..." and I never know what to say to things like that so I just go "Yeah, my acne....it sucks" and she dropped the subject. Everyone was staring at me...-.-;;

*Sigh* But other than that I had a pretty good first day..... eusa_eh.gif

Just breaking out in whiteheads....and my blackheads on my nose really stand out....she said it would get worse before it got better....it's just waiting... eusa_wall.gif

Hmm...I never seemed to post my "acne history" on here. That seems to be the "popular" thing to do. mUHAHA! Here goes nothing!

~14 yrs. old (have had acne since i was 12...seems much longer that that though..-.-;;)

At first when I started breaking out my acne was very mild (in 7th gr). The occansional whiteheads and blackheads, but nothing I couldn't control. But as the years went on and I became more frustrated with my worsening acne, things went downhill and it became obvious that this was going to become a bigger problem and not just "go away" with time.

I have tried sooooo many otc products it's insane! To name a few....

~Proactiv (was on it for 8 MONTHS and it did NOTHING for me!!)

~Acne Free (like proactiv but cheaper...again nothing)

~Zenmed natural herbal face wash & pills (did nothing but smelled really good ^_^)

~Clearasil (of course! rolleyes.gif )

~Oxy pads

..and a whole lot more. The list goes on....it seemed like my face would get temporarily better but then quickly become just as worse or more worse than before! eusa_wall.gif I didn't learn until later that I had damaged my face even more by using all those harsh products on my face & I always had too much on my face at one time (big no-no.. eusa_naughty.gif )

I am a picker also....I can't help it! I try not to touch my face or anything....but everyday I wake up to about 10 new whiteheads & pimples.....and it's so tempting!

But i've been doing good lately on that area... eusa_angel.gif

ANOTHER BIG NO-NO I DID::: I tried to cover up my acne with make-up. I believe that made my skin 10x worse (for me). Now I don't wear any foundation or anything.

Overview of my face::::

~100x million blackheads all over my nose & where my cheeks meet my nose

~Redmarks & active pimples/whiteheads on both cheeks

~Active pimples/whiteheads all over my forehead (esp. between my eyebrows for some reason....it's never clear there...-.-;;)

~REDMARKS EVERYWHERE!!!!

I think that's it...i'm now in the 9th gr. and all my friends think i'm some kinda freak....because they all have "perfect" skin....DAMN THEM!!! I swear their are like only three ppl at my school i've seen who has acne...wtf?!?! idk.

Today was Day 3:

~My "intial" breakout seems to have become better....I still am breaking out in whitheads/pimples on my cheeks and forehead (my eyebrows especially..), but it looks like the redmarks are fading a *little*. I can never tell on my own skin....does anyone else have that problem?? o.O

~My pores on my nose look smaller....& that's about it! ^_^

My face hurts... eusa_eh.gif

Good! Keep it up, alot of the time when people say it's looking better you yourself don't think so. But then again its like how just about every woman thinks she is fat when really you could push them through a straw. Maybe take some photos to see the progress, this is a journey of a life time tongue.gif

Thanks Jbu! xD I would post pictures but I am missing the cord that hooks up my digital camera to my computer....have to get a new one for sure.

Day 5:

I thought I was having an allergic reaction to my pills last night....because my back starting itching really bad. I don't know. Do you think I just created it in my mind?? Perhaps. I am prone to things like that.

When I see my reflection I usually sigh or cringe. Sometimes both! lol.

Today my face looks the same as yesterday except mostly all the whiteheads that popped up on my face have now withered away to tiny spots that are slowly but surely dieing. So that's good news xDD. My redmarks look lighter also. Hopefully my face will continue to improve.

Except on the side of my eyebrow in between my nose, their is this one pimple/whitehead that just won't die!! It's been there for forever!! It needs to go away!!!!! eusa_pray.gif

Check out the make-up forum for tips on makeup that won't aggravate your skin. Mineral makeup in particular seems to be a fav of some on this site, but check with the nice ladies in the makeup forum because I'm just a guy so I know nothing. smile.gif

j

LOL I will do that. I've heard of mineral makeup....like bare essentails. It's suppossed to be really good, but my skin is so uneven that it never looks right o.O My face is so blotchy. I will check around.

Day 6:

My redmarks seem to be looking really better, so that's good. I actually looked in a mirror and my face wasn't that red! eusa_dance.gif ((a big accomplishment for my skin because it hates me..))

Is their less blackheads on my nose or is that just me??

Overall i'd have to say my face has def. improved so far. I still feel like I am hiding under a mask. Like my skin isn't my skin at all. Weird, but eh. Like plastic! eusa_eh.gif

Until next time, ciao.

hey... i was on a treatment similar to yours.

you can see how it went by going on my log (in my signature).

i was on minocycline which im guessing is similar to what your taking and i used klaron in the mornings... not at night. at night i used retin-a. it went awesome... you can see in the pics. however after a while i started getting bumpy skin again and i went to teh derm and im now taking mino, nicomide (a vitamin), and i use a special BP, antifungal cream, and retin-a as topicals. if you need any help or advice just ask!

best of luck biggrin.gif

Thanks hackus! Yeah from your pics I can tell a big improvement! I hope my treatment goes as well....I think mino is basically the same thing... eusa_think.gif I dunno how bad your acne was before, but I think mine is worse than yours just judging by the pics. Not that i'm trying to upstage you or anything. haha. She said I could use the Klaron lotion whenever, but I just choose to use it at night because it smells awful and I didn't want it on my face during the day! xD

Day 7: "One week"

I'm not breaking out in whiteheads every morning any more like I used too and I think overall my face is looking better. I still get small whiteheads esp. around my lips, forehead, and chin, but that's no biggie.

My nose and cheeks then again are a whole different story. I think i'm gunna read up on getting professional extractions done for the blackheads on my nose. Has it worked well for anyone/is it worth it?

My cheeks bother me the most though.....because their all red and lumpy wacko.gif It's like when I run my fingers over them I can feel bumps beneath the skin and the redmarks.... eusa_wall.gif I have to stick to this though for a least a month to really see if it works so I hope I can find the patience! eusa_pray.gif

Ah, sounds like your on the mends, just stick with it and look at it as a chance to improve your lifestyle by eating healthier or something. I really hope thinks continue to improve for you smile.gif

BTW: even if you don't manage to find your chord for the digital, take some photos on a normal camera and keep them for yourself. They become a good morale booster for those days when you think all is lost.

Keep it up biggrin.gif

Oh I am taking lots of pics. Before & after, if you will. And thanks to my highschool my acne will be on display twentyfour-seven around my neck due to my i.d. card. Joy. doubt.gif

Day 8:

w0w. Day 8 already. Or should I say "finally"?? LOL. I can't belive I actually looked in a mirror at school today and wasn't dissapointed with my reflection. I serioulsy thought I would start crying right there. My face has a looong way to go but it is WAY better than before (I got some pics back...they *weren't* pretty..) I guess I never realizied how bad it was...weird.

Anywhore, nothing much to report. I'm glad to say that the whiteheads are (mostly) gone & that my face (seems) to be clearing up (I don't want to jinx anything though.. eusa_pray.gif ) I feel like I am going to be stuck with scars though. Probably light, but who knows??? How do you know if it scars? Stupid question, I know, but I don't know how to tell. ninja.gif

But I know my face is improving....because before after a looong day at school I could tell my face was all icky and nasty looking and when I looked in the mirror it would be SO blotchy that I started avoiding compacts....and now at the end of the day I look in a compact & it seems....bearable. rolleyes.gif

Day 9:

Just when things were looking up.....I got a breakout of whiteheads on my right cheek. A few smaller ones on my left. My face is less red though, so I can't complain. I think school is taking it's toll on me.....My acne does seem to get worse during the school year. eusa_doh.gif

Day 9:

Just when things were looking up.....I got a breakout of whiteheads on my right cheek. A few smaller ones on my left. My face is less red though, so I can't complain. I think school is taking it's toll on me.....My acne does seem to get worse during the school year.  eusa_doh.gif

I try Kanmi, but it's so hard...I think I am a chronic worrier. lol.

Day 12:

w0w i've been neglecting this. Hmmm that's odd o.O anywho, I have a couple active pimples in between my eyebrows & some small whiteheads on my cheeks....my forehead seems to be clearing up nicely ((and i *know* i just jinxed that....tomorrow their will be a huge zit in the middle of my forehead... eusa_doh.gif)) The redness of my face is about the same since my last post...it's getting there, but it definatly could be better. The blackheads on my nose...they appear to be a *bit* smaller ((i'll take whatever I can get!)) But on Monday I have to give a big speech in front of my whole theatre arts class. GAHH I'm not even suppossed to be in that class! Me? In front of people? Speaking?!?! Can you say "public speaking phobia"? I'll probably throw up in front of the whole class! Gawd! *takes deep breath* ok i'm better now....try not to worry, try not to worry..... idea.gif I will focuz on....something else. I just need to think my face is getting better....so hopefully it will. My sister's friend came over today and she was like "Wow, your face has really gotten better" but I just can't see it. It will always be "blemished" to me. I'm somewhat OC and I just think i'll never be good enough..... cry.gif Ah well. I can't ask for a miracle overnight....though I can still pray! eusa_pray.gif

Day 13:

My face is still the same improvement wise. At least it hasn't gotten worse. That's always good. I just can't stand how oily it is though.... eusa_wall.gif But i'm proud of myself because i've been following my regime to the T! So yay! *throws confetti*

It has now been two weeks and two days since I started this regime!

So it's.....

Day 16:

I think my face is worsening....o.O That's not good. I'm going to have scars! T.T I want to go and crawl in bed and never come out again. *sigh* If I can't even stand to look in the mirror, how must people feel when they look at me?!

In P.E. today I was talking to this girl who's my friend....about my acne....cuz she was like "oh yeah I have acne" and I would KILL for her skin. Seriously. It's SO clear! And then she mentioned Proactiv and I had to glare at her. haha. But it kinda felt good to just talk to someone so openly like that. So yeah.

hehe.. i know how u feel. 2weeks before school i broke out really bad cuz i got worried about 3 zits and then i put stupid shit pn my face now im payin for it with 30 plus zits... im so disappointed. i saw a friend and i told her about it. o well fuck it. good luck. WE're suffering together LOL

That makes me feel better mrlife xDD I hope your face gets better! Screw otc products!!!!

Day 18:

Yeah i've been skipping days. Bleh. I'm breaking out now all of a sudden...o.O I have this HUGE pimple in the middle of my chin....and my cheeks...*shakes head sadly* gah, I mean I haven't been doing anything differently...not touching my face or anything! ah well. my skin is sooo weird that way. like it gets better and then it's like "oh, we can't change that much because then Jessica might actually be happy" and it breaks out all over again! stupid face. gsdkcdhksdhs!!!! I hope my face looks a *little* better by labor day...i have this HUGE family renuion thingy then out of town. in broad daylight. with water. me no go swimming, thats for sure. *sigh* and of course, my family HAS to be the kind that points out every little flaw you have. like my aunt lost some weight. and everyone was talking about it. when they were at a FUNERAL! *die* if one of them mentions clearasil, i can't be responsible for my actions... eusa_angel.gif

Day 19:

My face hasn't really changed that much...I think i'm going to only update every couple days or so...just so i can keep track of my progress better. It's not like it's going to clear up over night...((but i can still pray! eusa_pray.gif ))

I still have the pimple on my chin...and my cheeks are still red and have whiteheads popping up...but i think the blackheads further up on my nose are starting to clear better. I want to get some of Proactiv's pore refining mask....i used it when i was on proactiv and i just LOVE how it makes my skin feel! So soft!

Day 21 OR the third week mark:

My face is definately less red after I wash it and at school my face doesn't feel ((that)) disgusting...maybe it's even less oiler. Who knows?? My face is very oily.

It can only go up from here, right??

You know when you have the same pimple FOREVER and it just won't go away?!>?! That describes parts of my face except with a whole lot more than one. Why are some stuck on your face permanetly, i say??? I swear I need to stop touching my face. I am making it soo much worse when it needs to heal!!!! But it's a bad habit I have gotten into...it's just sooo hard when I look into the mirror!! grr.. eusa_naughty.gif

My skin has been getting dry patches or "scabs" over some of the pimples and that has never happened before....they kinda itch. Nothing too noticeable though. I think that means their drying up....but on the lower part of my cheek along the jawline I have been breaking out in little nodulars I guess. They hurt! I used to break out there but it cleared up and now it's back again! eusa_doh.gif I can see *some* improvement but it's still not good enough for me. 5 weeks until my next dermatolagist appointment....will I survive?? eusa_think.gif

I am trying to get some pics to "remember" this quote on quote "experience", but so far no luck. This weekend were going out of town...maybe then I can get a dig. cam usb cord or w/e it is called. It's not like i'm going to forget....

keep it up...well my face broke out bad after being in the car 16 hours straight running from the hurricane katrina,that bitch. Now my face is going good again. hope u conitnue to progress with positive results

sorry....i feel soo bad for all those hurricane katrina sufferers...that must have been brutal. as long as your okay, right??

Day 28 OR the fourth week mark:

My skin hasn't made any progress! eusa_wall.gif I feel like i'm back just where I started from! I'm even getting this cyst on the side of my face beneath my eye...it hurts! wahhhhhh. damnit. i've only ever gotten one cyst before, on the other side beneath my right eye. why do i only get them there? it looks like somebody punched me in the face...o.O the red mark still hasn't faded from the other one, and that was 6 months ago! my face is so red....life is cruel.