Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_kandy

92% CLEAR, 8% YUCK!

READ THIS PLEASE! I NEED ALL THE ADVICE I CAN GET!! am i doing anything wrong? anything right? do you think i can use something better? anything else you'd like to add? THANKSSS!! YOUR HELP IS APPRECIATED biggrin.gif

quick stats:

~ 14, almost 1 yr. living w/ acne

~ used to have flawless skin

~ broke out, eventually became quite severe (washed it 2x a day and moisturized, but i don't know why it didn't control it)

~ used Proactiv, cleared up 85% of acne, but stopped working.

~ used Canesten (not for yeast infections, but for jock itch and stuff), and surprisingly... IT WORKED. lol. but i only used it cuz it got itchy, AND I WAS DESPERATE!!

CURRENT CONDITION:

92% clear. no major issues with scars - they're all pretty shallow. my acne was always concentrated on the forehead only, it never appeared anywhere else. (THANK GOD, TOO! eusa_angel.gif )

CURRENT REGIMEN:

MORNING: Clearasil 2.5% BP cleanser with Clean&Clear 2.5% BP moisturizer

NIGHT: Egg white mask for 15 mins, followed by Proactiv 3-step system.

and for spot treatment, i use the Clean&Clear 5% BP Gel. after sports or whenever i'm too sweaty during the day, i use Oxy Pads with 2% SA.

BUT, IM CONFUSED ABOUT THIS --

why did my progress suddenly STOP? it seems as if my body is immune to all of this.. i thought you would never be immune to BP? and what can i do about itching? it never itched until 3 days ago. im afraid to use canesten now.. i only used it for 2 nights. i mean, it's meant for jock itch.. so there must be something wrong with using it on my face lol.gifwhat do all of you reccomend? PLEASE HELP ME!

Hmm... when my acne first started, it was also only confined to my forehead. smile.gif But now, oddly, my forehead is completely clear and the acne has migrated to my cheeck.

I would recommend the regimen at http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

You can not get immune to bp. It is something else that's going on. But there's no big need to figure that out. Just get on the regimen and it should get you cleared up.

thanks for the all the advice biggrin.gif i'll start the regimen as soon as i get the products. hm, the neutrogena ones seem promising.. i guess i'll start with those.

ok...u sound alote like me...i got acne at 13 and im now 15!!! but im on a few things now that are working well, firstly....hows proactiv going? i also tried that but it just strips your skin bare witch can aggrevate it....the adds seem convincing ...but even notice not many teens on there....its because our skin is way to fragile for such a harsh product.

secondly...have u been to a doctor? my mum wouldnt let me go cause it was "just a phase"up untill about 3 weeks ago, and you wouldnt believe how easy it is...i was soo embarrassed going in there, but they knew what they were talking about and it was great to get a professional opinion, plus your doctor does nknow what will work and if he doesnt ...he can refeffer you to a derm...i know it sounds expensivly painfull but thers no price for clear skin.

and lastly...mabey its not your skin, acne can be triggered by diet, stress, hormones...anything.....i once went on holidays and went to the beach and relaxed that my skin nearly completely cleared up...in 3 days!! becuase i was relaxed and i was using natural water(salt) rather than harsh products...and i wasnt soo stressed.

anyways thats just my opinon because it sounds like your like me

hugs,em

Guest virgo

For the itching you need to use Hydrocortisone cream which has to be prescribed by your dermatologist

well, if you read my replies you'll notice that my skin improved. and btw thanks for the comments guys! but, i still feel compelled to say it all again cuz im sooo happy! so yeah. on with the post.

CURRENT CONDITION: 96% clear. scars have completely faded!

i'd like to thank Drs. Rodan&Fields for creating Proactiv, and the people who invented hydrocortisone, canesten and baking soda. and chickens for making eggs (for egg white masks)! biggrin.gif

lol dan - i think i'll have to give my current regimen one more chance ince it looks like it's working again tongue.gif but i'll use The Regimen if all else fails smile.gif

will post again if/when i've made more progress.

Hmm... when my acne first started, it was also only confined to my forehead. smile.gif But now, oddly, my forehead is completely clear and the acne has migrated to my cheeck.

YES! it's official - i can now go outside without hiding my face to the world. it's not totally perfect, but close to! about 97% clear smile.gif if you've read the other posts, it's been improving everyday so far!! omg i can't wait to post my before/after pics!!!!

okay.. a MAJOR set back! i went swimming for two days (about 2 hours).. and on the second day i got out of the pool and changed clothes and everything and when i looked in the mirror.. MY FOREHEAD WAS DARK RED. it was soooo embarassing and i didn't even have any makeup in my bag so.. i had to look like that the rest of the way home :S it faded about 2 hours later.. but my acne is like really weird now.. it's like spotty. some parts are acne-free, others are like small little dry dots that are literally the size of the period at the end of this sentence. i peeled them off right now but i don't know how that will turn out. HELP!

okay, i think the chlorine in the water dried up all the yucky acne lol. 2 days after this incident my forehead skin started peeling.. so i peeled it off. i was pleased to see more pre-acne skin smile.gif whoo. back at 97%. and i intend to go swimming again this weekend. peace out.

Hey I thought I would add my 2 cents.

I've been battling with acne on and off for about 13 years. I am 29 now and have always had a "bumpy" forehead.

Those bumps looked like acne, but they were more hard than full of puss (grouse eh?). They weren't of critical nature, but they were a chronic problem (they never fully went away).

I got temporary results with Erythromycin Topical Gel, but like I said they never really fully went away.

Along with these bumps, there were some cysts / sores starting behind my ears and on on the back of my scalp.

I went on exclusion diets (no Wheat, Citrus, Dairy, Yeast, Sugar, Soy, Egg etc) and got mixed results.

So I decided to take an aggressive approach recently - enough is enough, and here is my success story.

What worked for me was:

a) I stopped using Shampoo and Soap; turned out I was allergic to this (this is okay for me as I have a No. 2 buzzcut, I now just use hot water)

b) I started on Minomycin 50mg tablets (these got rid of the cysts) 1x at night

c) Reduced my Dairy, Egg and Wheat intake (improved my digestion, and thus my skin)

d) Started taking Probiotics (1x IBS Support, 1 x Inner Health Plus) in the morning (Used to have "sticky poos" before this and sporadic diarrhea, now I have great poo and no more diarrhea

e) Started training again at the gym/running/cycling (I now work out 6x a week)

But I had to reply to this thread because the Ultimate Acne Killer for me (I mean the one that made the annoying bumps behind my ears / on my forehead go away was Canesten. I also couldn't believe it!! I've been trying to get rid of Acne for years. I mean, wtf, this stuff is meant for Jock Itch not on your head!!

Anyway, I would like to hear if anyone else had the same results as me, especially from Canesten, because in my case it was the Achilles Heal :surprised: