Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mild2moderateacne

question about a raise Hypertrophic scar

Well about 1.5-2 years ago I had a cytse on my right shoulder.. I told my friend that my shoulder was hurting, I didn't tell him about the cyste. So anyways being the dumb ass he his he chudo chopped it. He literally said chudo cop right before it hit me on the shoulders. He ended up bruising it and made the pain even worst. So I went to a doctor about it when it started having a puss like head. The doctor told me to buy sheets and to clean it with this yellow stuff, I forgot what it is. Anyways I did as I was told. The next morning when I woke up I had a big hole on my shoulders. Apparently the cyste poped. The whole was the size of a nickle, my thumb could fit in it, I have small thumb. So anyways the area healed and left me with a raised Hypertrophic scar. About half of the scar has turned into my normal skin color and the other half is still redish purple. And it is also still raised. I wan't to know if their are any creams I could you to flatten it. I was also interested in lazer pulse dye? Wondering how much that would cost and would it be successful without any side affects? Thanks a bunch in advance

You can buy 'scar reduction plasters' for raised scars which have keloid. I don't know if what you have is the same as a keloid scar, but it sound similar.

My son has a 15cm scar which had a lot of keloid on it and was very raised and red. The scar plasters took a long time to work, but they reduced the scar to a flat, pale mark with only a very small 'knotty' area in a few months.

They might be worth looking at - I was very sceptical at first, but am now a complete convert. We also know lots of other people who have used them successfully (though most of these have been on scars down the midline of the chest)

Hi, its not a keloid scar it s a Hypertrophic because it didn't spread anywhre else and stayed in its injury zone. How many months did your zone used it? The scar area, does it look like a scar never even happened there?

Sorry - didn't realise they were different types of scar.

We used the patches for about 4 or 5 months. It doesn't look like the scar was never there (it's a scar from open heart surgery so that might be a bit optimistic!) but it is flat and pale and barely noticeable. Virtually all the raised part and ALL of the purple has gone. We spent two weeks on the beach last year and only ine person noticed the scar in all that time.

They work by keeping the skin at the right temperature / moisture level to complete the natural healing process - there are no chemicals or anything in them. They were tested on a girl with a 13 yr old scar, and she had 70% improvement even after all that time. We saw similar results.

I don't know if they will work for your type of scar, but it might be worth looking into.

Hi, its not a keloid scar it s a Hypertrophic because it didn't spread anywhre else and stayed in its injury zone. How many months did your zone used it? The scar area, does it look like a scar never even happened there?

I have a hypertrophic scar on my forehead that I got back in September from picking at a cyst too much. The scar is actually pale white in color(which looks worse because I'm tan!), but it is raised.. I have had 2 laser treatments on it and Ive been using Neosporin scar sheets on it for about 2 months. I haven't noticed a huge difference in the scar. I really hate having it since it is on my forehead! I have thought about getting steroid injections, but I am worried about getting atrophic scarring around the hypertrophic scar. I just wish I could get it to flatten out. Good luck!

I ended up buying the scar zone. carsmith what kind of lazer treatment did you get? I herd some ppl totally flatten it with pulse laser dye. Anyways I hope you will also find something that works for u