Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shenmueman012345

For all accutane users

I justed started taking accutane 2 weeks ago, I am on 80mg. a day, and was wondering what I should be using regimen wise on accutane? Should I use topicals or SA, BTW my skin is already really dry. What do u guys use and what is a good shampoo for my hair that can be found at a regular store?

I justed started taking accutane 2 weeks ago, I am on 80mg. a day, and was wondering what I should be using regimen wise on accutane?  Should I use topicals or SA, BTW my skin is already really dry.  What do u guys use and what is a good shampoo for my hair that can be found at a regular store?

For your regime on accutane, try to make sure that all products you are using are oil free, as accutane prevents oil production and by using oil-based products you are putting excess oil onto your skin. For your lips getting dry, i recommend just using vaseline, you could try something stronger but i had a bad experience when i decided to use blistex lip stuff and it made my face look red and inflammed.

What do you mean by topicals? Because using tetracycline/topicycline on accutane you increase the chance of suffering side effects.

My regime is:

Morning:

Avene gel cleanser for sensitive irritated skin

Avene thermal water

Estee Lauder daywear plus moisturiser (Has SPF 15 in, so i think it better to use this in the day)

Night:

Avene gel cleanser for sensitive/irritated skin

Avene thermal water

Avene moisturiser for sensitive/irritated skin (this contains mineral oil but really helps the skin look healthy and moisturised

As for shampoo i am using GHD intensive care shampoo followed by GHD intensive treatment mask, GHD protein drops and GHD leave in spray in conditioner as my hair got sooo dry on accutane and nothing else would stop it going frizzy. (I get this off ghd.com, i don't know whether you can get it in stores but you can online and in salons. If you want something a bit more affordable or that you can definately get in stores, i recommend david ward shampoo and conditioner.

Also, according to my derm, your shampoos, etc do not have to be oil-free as long as you don't get them on your face.

Look at my sig...

Although I just stoped using the nivea for men... it burnt WAY too bad... so I started using St Ives Oil- Free moisturizer I like it a lot and I havent really been shiny and its cheap too BONUS

my scalp is so itchy now... I have anti danduff shampoo but it isnt helping...

for the dryness i use alpha hydroxy cream(over the counter at wallgreens or any other drug store).  it works really well and my face no longer peals at all.

i take 60 mg of tane

20 mg at lunch

40 with dinner

use cetaphil moisturising cream morning night and afetr work slap it on

use cetaphil cleanser in shower about twice a week

hope my routine is ok

I use no other acne medication and just wash my face with cetaphil in the morning and night.