Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spimples

researching doctors and treatments for scarring:TO

Hello again!

I am sorry if it seems as though I am going on a messaging rampage here on the board...but hey...we are all here to improve our skin. After doing extensive (internet) research, came across a few clinics/doctors again and again. Will post them here...anyone with good or bad experiences...please please POST! So frustrating...seen so many possible treatments available for scarring that seem to fail on the board...let's get together and figure it out!

Dr. Middleton-supposed great for fillers.

Baywood clinic: offers extensive laser treatments (v beam, sciton, smoothbeam) I had consult with Dr. Betty Chan who suggested Levulan and smoothbeam. Freaked out and didn't go through with it.

Dr. Sapra: lasers, fillers- consults free

Dr. Goldhar (sp) CosmedixMD: seems to have a medley of laser treatments including the Sciton...boasts that their treatments can help all skin colours (I have Asian skin if that is pertinent)

Dr. Padma Jain- Fairview clinic...seems to have been several posts about her. both positive and negative feedback...not dermatologist but performs many cosmedic procedures including usual goodies: smoothbeam, microdermabrasion...don't remember if she does injections other than cortisone

Pure laser: medical aestheticians do most procedures including levulan, green peel, chemical peels. smoothbeam and injections (that is done by doctor)...at least the consults are free

That is all that I remember right now...I noted the other somewhere on a piece of paper..will post later.

Please post your thoughts, experiences. Had enough of this battle with acne and then the nasty scars.

Hi spimples! I think this thread is a great idea. It's definitely informative for those who're looking into scar treatments too. I don't know much and hopefully the information that would be provided by others in the future would be able to help me, among many others. Thanks again!