Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spimples

sciton laser for scarring toronto

Hello everyone,

Was calling around for consultations regarding acne scar revision (removal!) and came across the Baywood clinic (toronto). They told me on the phone that the most likely procedure they would do is the sciton laser...anyone had it done before. It is supposed to be good for all skin types and colours...and all that other good stuff that they promise you.

Thoughts anyone...?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

I've never read of this before, but if you've been lurking around the scar treatments long enough, you'll gather that lasers get a pretty bad bashing over there. Apparently, one of the most dramatic side effects is the sinking in of cheeks, etc. because the fat in your face is burnt or something. Go check it out. It's pretty daunting, and I guess I'll most likely stay away from them too for my scar treatments. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck and take care!

Hi Narcissus...

thanks for your reply...that is pretty scary...burning the fat in the face!? Sciton from my research is supposed to be slightly deeper than a microdermabrasion but no where near the other lasers....geez...why can't one of these things just do what they are supposed too!? I'm so tired of these people (doctors/manufacturers) dangling these miracles in front of us...