Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ben16

What do you think of this diet?

I must say that this is not really for skin purposes more fo rlosing weight, a friend of mine said that all you eat for 2 weeks is eggs and meat.. you basically dont get any carbs intake at all... which makes you lose weight like crazy....

now i was wondering, im still struggling with acne.. with this diet of cooked eggs and meat only do any harm for my skin? thanks.

The High fat content in your "low carb" meat and eggs diet will make you lose weight quickly, but..IMO all that fat will wreak havoc with your skin.

Google up - "Low carb diet" or "Atkins diet"..for more info...my sister in law tried this diet, you will really start craving those carbs, even tho you may be a huge meat/eggs lover......I heard, and once you go off this diet and start eating carbs again...*POOF* ...the weight comes back, it did for her...... Sorry, if I put a damper on this for you... neutral.gif

I don't really know what to say about this, I'm not sure it is a good idea, I think you should just follow a healthy diet and eat in moderation to lose weight, for me if I only eat veggies, fruit, seeds & beans, etc for a couple weeks I lose SO much weight,I'de try that, and there are many alternatives for losing weight..but if you end up considering it I'de go for free range eggs and organic milk to avoid the hormones and stuff, cause it could aggravate your acne unless your acne isn't hormone related at all.

I workout and am on a low-carb/high protein diet. I've experienced no more acne than when before I started this diet.

As for the weight loss, it's true. You have to understand that your body does not really need carbs for anything. If you're eating carbs, you're basically eating for fun.

You can live healthly off chicken, turkey, lean beef, and fish (esp. tuna) without much hassle. You even start craving fruit when it's the only thing sweet that you can eat. It's hard at first, but you eventually find a lot of stuff to eat. (Oh, and this is comming from someone who's cut out all cheese and almost all sugar too.)

well this person told me that you can consume eggs as many as u want.. now i guess 4 a day is way too much considering that ur eating them everyday?

but since its either eggs or meat and eggs is much easier to make i go for eggs but i guess too much is not good either?

This is only a temporary solution for weight loss. You will start to crave the carbs and you will eventually give in and ALL the weight will come back with a vengence...trust me..I have tried this diet numerous times in the past 4-5 years. Don't do it. Just try to eat more fruits and vegetables and lay off the junk food. Also, eat 6 small meals a day. You would be surprised out how well you lose weight eating more frequently throughout the day...it keeps the metabolism up all day.

This is only a temporary solution for weight loss. You will start to crave the carbs and you will eventually give in and ALL the weight will come back with a vengence

Eat veggies as they contain vitamins, minerals and FIBER.

This is basically what i'm doing,

I eat meat, cheese, eggs and veggies.

Losing weight, fealing MUCH better and skins looking better. I'm also NEVER hungry this way.

Don't forget to include lots of fat in your diet for fuel and other things. Good fat helps you lose weight and bad fat makes you sick.

Carbs turn you into looking like a pig. They also provide NOTHING the body needs. In fact the body prefers to burn fat over carbs.

smile.gif

smile.gif

It's hard if you have no control over what your hands shove into your mouth. And if that's the case, you have bigger problems.

These diets ARE hard to maintain...but if it helps you lose weight and clears you skin..go for it!

For me it's not a diet, diets are dumb by nature. For me it's a way of life now. smile.gif

That's not to say i'll never eat anything bad again but it'll be few and far between.

Ok, first of all I'm a big proponent of high protein/fat diets.

The meat and eggs diet was made mainstream and pioneered by Vince Gironda.

You have to do your research on this though. It has a few more complexities.

For one you can't go without ANY carbs ALL the time.

You need a carb meal on your every 4th day. You brain needs it and other areas of your body as well. Two complex carb meals on the 4th day will be enough.

Now, PH is also a factor to be aware of. This diet makes the body acidic and puts you in a vulnerable state in terms of immune system. For example, cancer cells do not thrive in a high PH environment, I did not say this is a cure for cancer all on itself (in case people here jump the gun). Just do a search on google "what is PH?" and you'll learn alot.

Check out this PDF for a good list of what foods are alkaline and acid: http://www.genuinehealth.com/english/pdfs/pH.pdf

One thing Vince Gironda did to help the body remain at a proper PH level was eating a lot of algae and he took vitamins and minerals to be sure he had a complete list.

One product I use is Apple Cider Vinegar, it is very acidic PH of 3.5 (neutral is 7) BUT it becomes highly alkaline once digested in the body. The thing is, the initial acidity is wonderfull for digestion, 2 teaspoons right before you start eating and you can say buy buy to any digestive problems.

Here is a good start on meat and eggs mealplan:

http://www.bodybuildinglive.com/thewildphysique/

well this person told me that you can consume eggs as many as u want.. now i guess 4 a day is way too much considering that ur eating them everyday?

but since its either eggs or meat and eggs is much easier to make i go for eggs but i guess too much is not good either?

where's the fiber? just eating protein w/o any veggies is an invitation for constipation, not to mention acidity. eat a variety.

where's the fiber? just eating protein w/o any veggies is an invitation for constipation, not to mention acidity. eat a variety.