Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I dont know why, but I never have to urge to go out. I mean, before my acne, I was outgoing, very relaxed person. Well, im still relaxed, but im not outgoing anymore at all, and even though the state of my face is much better now, and my confidence is almost what it once was, I still dont have the urge to go out.

My friends constantly call me, lets go hang out blah blah blah, and I always pull it off, it's almost like i've gotten used to the isolation that acne caused me a couple months back.

Hmm, how should I go about finding a solution? Should I just force myself to get away from the computer or TV, and just go, or should I slowly start adjusting myself, maybe going out like once every friday or saturday?

What you guys think?

Hi, I htink we've all been here.

I think just do what you enjoy, you might wanna hang out by yourself at first outside, then start inviting your friends out for things. Honestly going out does make you forget about your worries for a little while, and that can't be bad right?

Staying inside and avoiding contact is like walling yourself up, it protects you but makes your mental state worse..

Byz

You should go and get out cuz sooner or later your friends will stop calling cuz you pull them off all the time

If you feel confident, just go out and enjoy your life with nice skin.

I wisch i could also be confident. In moment my skin looks so terrible that i don't want to meet someone ( neighbord, friends, even my husband! ).

I am invited next saturday and surely i will not go there. I am very ashamed how my skin looks.

Hopefully i will come out when my skin looks better sad.gif

it's actually a habit..a mindset. It's like exercising, if you do it all the time you just keep doing it but it is so hard to keep it going if you quit for a while. That's exactly what happens with going out, if you;re not forced into the situation everyday then you just become complaicent about it

it's actually a habit..a mindset. It's like exercising, if you do it all the time you just keep doing it but it is so hard to keep it going if you quit for a while. That's exactly what happens with going out, if you;re not forced into the situation everyday then you just become complaicent about it

my advice... and you are pefectly welcome to take it or leave it...is that just go out lots and lots from day 1. Don't take it slow and go from there because that would/could last forever that way. Just go out everyday, if even for walks, if even just to go to the store or to a friends house. Believe me, the only way to work thru it is to overwhelm yourself...in a positive manner!

trust me!

Due to factors other than acne, i've basically became a hermit this past year. I haven't been out in awhile and the most contact i have is at work. It's really quite depressing for me and as a previous poster said, it's not just as easy as getting up and going out. Where does one go if they have no one to go with? I've pretty much lost contact with many aquaintences. I try to do a little more each day by shopping and just being out there but it's draining the wallet, lol.

I'm not saying it's 'wrong' to want to be alone, I just personally can't deal with it anymore. If you like being alone, don't feel guilty for it....many people try to make you feel that way.

I dont know why, but I never have to urge to go out. I mean, before my acne, I was outgoing, very relaxed person. Well, im still relaxed, but im not outgoing anymore at all, and even though the state of my face is much better now, and my confidence is almost what it once was, I still dont have the urge to go out.

My friends constantly call me, lets go hang out blah blah blah, and I always pull it off, it's almost like i've gotten used to the isolation that acne caused me a couple months back.

Hmm, how should I go about finding a solution? Should I just force myself to get away from the computer or TV, and just go, or should I slowly start adjusting myself, maybe going out like once every friday or saturday?

What you guys think?

What you guys think?

Wow, feel like im looking in a mirror lol. I have pretty much the exact same problem right now. My face is so so SO much better than it has been in two years and im so happy and feel confident and even beautiful for the first time. But I've gotten so used to locking myself up in my room watching movies or reading or writing, that I began to enjoy it. I've always loved my privacy, but its gotten to the point where I don't want to go anywhere period. My friends are getting mad cuz i keep making excuses for why i cant go out with them. I know that seems silly now that im almost totally clear, but its going to take awhile for me to feel comfortable in the real world again. Acne can cause horrible self esteem issues, and i just hated myself and called myself ugly and useless for two years of my life. Its hard to come back from that kind of self abuse and be totally happy. I know I won't be for awhile. Also, I have the risk that my medication may stop working, which has happened to me before, and thats a total spirit crusher. To be perfectly honest, if it was up to me, I'd never leave my house again lol smile.gif scary huh? confused.gif

yeah-it's tricky-i know how you guys feel. It's at the point when your skin has just cleared up but it kind of hasn't sunk in to your mind yet, i guess. I went on this week long holiday with all of my mates-i didn't really wanna go all that much, but i figured i had nothing else to do so i went along. I had the best time ever so it was really worth it for me.

At the moment, i go out a lot more and really enjoy myself. I'm good because i can really enjoy just staying in as well and doing the things that I did when my skin was pissing me off too.

You should jut take the plunge and go out- i'll bet you will enjoy yourself more then you expect. It's good for you to meet new people and do new things. You can't blame acne for being unsociable when it's all healed up no matter how easy it is to do. Just be positive and relax-if you really don't want to go out then don't-but you SHOULD!!! lol eusa_angel.gif