Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Nohxpolitan

Started regimen, look like a tomato

Guest Nohxpolitan

Well it's only day 2 and my acne is already very noticbly fading, but my face looks like I spent about 10 too many hours in the sun one day and it feels all stretched out on my face...so a few questions.

1. Is this normal/normal in the beginning?

2. Will my skin get used to it?

3. Would a different moisturizer help?

I just use a bar of purpose soap, wait 15ish mintues, apply BP, wait another 15ish minutes, then apply Curel lotion which I actually want to replace soon since it was a temporary fix...also any suggesitons on a moisturizer would be great. I do this twice a day, after I shower in the morning and before bed.

1.Yeah it's pretty normal during the first week, and it will go away with time and patience.

2. Yep, your face will get use to it.

3. Well, the moisturizer recommended by Dan is Neutrogena Oil free Moisturizer (for the first few week) then he highly recommend to swich to Eucerin Skin Renewer

Yeah, it's normal and will subside. Curel is probably a bad idea. Get yourself a facial moisturizer as soon as you can.

Guest Nohxpolitan

Holy crap.

I just woke up, took a shower, washed my face, and now I looked in the mirror and my skin is dryer than I have ever seen in my life (very cracked), I could hardly open my mouth to eat. Quite obviously I staretd too strongly, but I don't eve want to apply the bp right now for the morning dose...like literally trying to put out a fire with fire. not sure what to do in this case. Should I do it once a day and lower how much bp I use or still use it 2x a day and lower bp?

Edit: Yeah, skipped bp this morning and put loads of moisturizer on...skin is red but doesn't feel all stretched out, and looks decent.

I'm at day 5 of the regimen, result are impressive. But Mr Tomato-head could be my middle name. My skin is very red. Moisterising twice a day, today three times, because I couldn't eat without it...

I slightly lowered the dose, and putted more moisteriser on today. But I will keep to the regimen I think, it's working too damn good...

Eating is a bitch though. I seriously hope that the forum is right and the wrinkles arent here to stay wink.gif

You may have an allergy to BP. Your symptoms sound like it. Since I have an allergy, I posted an alternate regime that I find to be affective. Check it out.