Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brian9

Severe dry skin using AcneFree

Hey -

Recently i've been using AcneFree for my acne. It is basically an alternative to ProActiv.. has 3 step system. Anyways i've been using it for about 5 days now and my skin, especially my chin and neck are severely dry. In fact, there is basically dried up skin on the surface of my skin, and redness/stiffness on my neck. It hurts to move it a lot.

It is working great though, my acne and acne redness has reduced significantly.

But im just wondering - what can i do about this dry skin?

I can use lip balm on my lips but what about my neck/chin (those are basically the two places in which they are dry)

I would suggest taking a break from it for a while. The last thing you want is an even worse break out from being dried out, which it sounds like you could already have one on the way. Use some serious moisterizer, and moisterize as often as you need to. I have experienced this type of drying before from bp, and I know it's not fun. I had to keep reapplying moisterizer every couple hours for a couple days. But anyways, let your skin recover by washing with a gentle cleanser such as Cetaphil or Basis bar. Once your skin has recovered, start again with the Acne Free slowly. Try using it every other day, or even every two days at first. And one thing my dermatologist told me is to never use treatment on your face if you even suspect that it's dry, because later on you'll regret it. If you think that you're getting a little dry, skip that application, and try again when your skin is back to normal. Good luck

If that regimen is drying your skin out so much I would stop using it and try something else, and try and get a refund perhaps?

PUT DOWN THE BOTTLES AND STEP AWAY FROM THE COUNTER!!!

I had a similiar experience while using this stuff and let me tell you that it took a couple of weeks for my skin to recover. You might want to try products with SA instead of bp since it seems to be so drying. Just a thought, though.

Guest TylerD

Do none of you guys use moisturizer?