Notifications
Clear all

helps with under eye wrinkles

MemberMember
(@supercelebs)

Posted : 08/07/2005 10:11 pm

this may not be the best place to post this but i really need help.. i got these wrinkles under my eyes.. i just started noticed them this summer and have no idea where they came from( i dont use bp ).. i have had them for about a month and they still havent went away.. im only 16 and i cant be aging yet.. when i stretch my under eye skin the wrinkles dissapear and than the skin wrinkles up when it returns to the way it was.. is this a sign of natural dryness or something? i know a lot of people on this forum have had trouble getting rid of wrinkles.. any help is greatly appreciated.

MemberMember
(@trying)

Posted : 08/07/2005 10:20 pm

It may be dryness. I would first try using a moisturizer that's made for around the eyes and drink more water.

I don't know if it helps, but I got a couple of fine wrinkles under my eyes at around the same age as you, but over 15 years later I haven't developed any more wrinkles around my eyes and still look younger than my age.

MemberMember
(@supercelebs)

Posted : 08/07/2005 10:41 pm

i already drink a lot of water every day.. eat fairly well.. and i get exercise.. i did have allergies at the start of the summer which caused me to rub my eyes quite a bit.. but i know for a fact that they werent there at the end of june.. than all of a sudden near the beginning of july i starting seeing lines under my eyes.. its like they appeared out of no where.. does sleeping have anything to do with it?.. i work midnights and my sleep schedule is reversed basically.. and if i did use an eye moisturizer.. how long do you think it would take before i started noticing them going away or before there gone.

MemberMember
(@trying)

Posted : 08/08/2005 4:59 pm

Moisturizer will only have a temporary effect and will work within a day. I'm not a doctor, so my layperson's advice is to stop rubbing your eyes. Use some over the counter eye drops for allergies and other irritants. They work well.

I have heard that lack of sleep, stress, UV damage, drinking alcohol, losing a lot of weight (especially rapidly) after the age of 30, and smoking cigarettes all contribute to wrinkles. I also heard to not move your skin too much (ie. rubbing your eyes or frequently furrowing your brow), and I even read to not sleep on your face and if you must then to get a satin pillowcase which is the smoothest. I also noticed the folks who slowly get fatter as they age have fewer wrinkles since it stretches the skin out.

You could also visit a doctor. (S)he may be able to do a peel (laser, chemical or dermbrasion) or inject it with a filler or botox it. Some doctors will give you a free consultation visit. I would suggest talking to several doctors and doing some research before any procedure. Personally speaking, since you're young I'm guessing your wrinkling is mild, and you could probably wait a while (20 or 30 years) before doing anything invasive and/or expensive, since you probably don't need it.

I hope this was helpful.

MemberMember
(@supercelebs)

Posted : 08/09/2005 5:17 pm

i think im a bit young for all that.. i have left them alone for almost a week and there not getting any better.. i think they could even be getting worse.. i think im gonna look into an eye cream and see if that works.

MemberMember
(@miscellaneousmoments)

Posted : 08/10/2005 4:25 am

Try Bio-Oil (see thread I started "Something that Worked for Me"). It works to repair the elasticity of your skin.

MemberMember
(@supercelebs)

Posted : 08/23/2005 6:35 am

Try Bio-Oil (see thread I started "Something that Worked for Me"). It works to repair the elasticity of your skin.

how long would it take to see results from bio oil? does anyone else have experience with it.

MemberMember
(@gerica)

Posted : 07/28/2017 7:01 am

Its been more than 6 months using dermalmd wrinkle serum .Its working great at wrinkles and leaves the very very soft.use twice a day will be good.