Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UTvol

Updat on the Water Only Diet......Sort of

I think its been a week, and all I have drank is water, PERIOD! My face is looking better every day. Not incredible improvements, but they are very noticeable! :)/ It seems that the few zits i am getting are very small, and the ones ive had forever are possibly fading. =D>

If you are fed up, give it a try for one week, what do you have to lose? I used to be practically addicted to Cokes! SO if I can do it, I know you guys can! =D>

Um.............Yikes.

Anyway UTvol, nice work!

One thing i noticed when I quit drinking sodas a few years back was I felt a lot more comfortable in my skin, not bloated. All that carbonation has to go somewhere, right? :-k

namaste'

For me, one week is too short to conclude that something works or not for acne. I observed that 2 weeks were needed to see if it works...

When I stopped all acne treatment 2 years ago, my skin and acne feels much better while the fisrt week. But after two weeks, I'd knew how effective was the treatment... :D

Guys, the experts say to drink half of your body weight in fluid ounces.

If you weigh 200 lbs. you should drink approx. 100 ounces of water.

It sounds hard but it's pretty easy.

I weight a solid 180 but I drink around 7 17 oz. (.5 L) of water a day.

It helps.

I've been drinking TONS of water- bottle after bottle and my face has totally cleared up (with the help of the regimen- a less intense version) I used to have almost perfect skin until i was fooled into buying the Clinique 3 step system [-X which RAVAGED my skin, and after 8 weeks of using it, my once perfect forhead was COVERED in zits, even some cyst-like ones. After 10 weeks of thinking "oh, it's just bringing out all my zits, they'll go away!" i gave up and started the regimen and now, 3 weeks later, ALL my zits are gone. I only get tiny ones that aren't even noticable and they seem to only be up at my hairline where you can't see them. Along with the regimen, i have been drinking a crazy amount of water and all i have left are red marks!!! Hooray for water!!! It's funny that one of the most useful things with dealing with acne is totally free and easy to get. :D

can water really help that much? i get breakouts all over my chin area and jawline. that's it. very rarely, i'll get one on the cheek. what suggestions do ya'll have on how to keep a bump from turning into a whitehead. i can feel some forming, but they haven't really gotten big yet or nasty looking. what can i do to keep them under control.

also, i'm gonna try the water diet. it will help in more ways than one, clear skin, weight control, and my kidneys (i have bad kidneys). did you know that carbonated drinks are one of the things that take the longest to get cleared out of your system?

An all water beverage diet, or at least if you drink a lot of water is EXTREMELY healthy. Caffiene dehydrates the body, and so does alcohol. Whenever I drink alchohol I make sure I have water with me so I can compensate for it.

Well theres no proof that drinking enormously huge amounts of water will help acne but if you don't eat right, that much water can give you bad diarhea or stomach cramps, especially if you don't eat enough fiber. I havn't noticed any difference from the days that I drink alot of water from the days I don't drink as much.

perhaps it takes time. nit just certain days. over time water helps you lose weight, and it IS good for the skin. i don't know if it can clear up acne, but it sure can't hurt.

I've been on a water diet for like 6 months now....it doesnt help clear up acne....but maybe that's just me. It does help ya lose weight though! Over the past 6 months I have lost over 25 lbs....i do barely any excercise and sat around a ton except on weekends. Went from 170 lbs to under 145 lbs now and i give the credit to water diet.

That's good news. How much do you drink a day? I try to drink at LEAST 8 (8 oz) bottles of water a day, if not more. I just started. I hope it improves...