Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DMBsDreamGrl

Anyone take B5?

hi, yes ive been taking b5. i started on the tablets, but taking 20 a day was costly and a pain.

ive now ordered som powder and will start that after finishing these tablets i have left.

i seen very quick results a few days after my face wasn't oily anymore and my nose was clear of blackheads. it seems to be working pretty wel.

I don't take 20 tablets. that's ridiculous and can have harmful effects if you take that much. You should take about 1-2 daily. My face isn't as oily anymore but I stll breakout sometimes, no cure for acne.

no, 10 grams is infact recommended for the treatment of acne. there is no known toxity level as it is water soluble, if your body doesnt need it. it gets flushed out. thats why ur urine turns green.

500 mg each.

I tried it once a while ago and it seemed to make my skin less oily and my pores smaller. At first, I broke out a little with the same kind of tiny pimples I got when I first used BP gel. It seemed to be working, but I wasn't sure if this was the B5, something else in my diet, or just a coincidence, so I stopped the B5. I started it again a few months later and now I've been taking it for about 4? months, I think. I experienced all the same effects as last time at first, but it doesn't seem to be working anymore. I'm not sure if this is because the particular brand time-release pills I'm taking aren't as potent as the plain ones I got from Vitamin Shoppe, or if my body builds some kind of tolerance after a while. After I finish my current bottle, I'm going to try a one-week-on/one-week-off routine with the Vitamin Shoppe pills.

I've been taking about 10g/day with a B suppliment.

no, 10 grams is infact recommended for the treatment of acne. there is no known toxity level as it is water soluble, if your body doesnt need it. it gets flushed out. thats why ur urine turns green.

500 mg each.

If you take 500 mg pills, split up your supplement intake times.

Morning when you wake up 5 pills, 5 pills at lunch, 5 pills after supper, 5 pills before bed.

When using normal b5 tablets 10g a day is recommended, however, the body does not require 10g to produce the required amount of coenzyme-A. The reason ten grams is recommended is because so much of it is just wasted in the urine, this is also why you need to spread your doses out over the course of the day because any b5 that isn't used straight away is passed into the urine. A way to avoid this is to get hold of some time release capsules which will release a steady amount of b5 for around 8 hours and very little is wasted meaning much smaller doses are required (3-4g)and less frequently.

Niall

Guest Dwight_Sheila69

Go with the powder, its way more conveinent and alot more affordable.

i dont mean to sound like a bitch, but taking 20 tablets is seriously dumb. look it up on google and look up the negative side of taking that many tablets. people think just b/c its a vitamin and that it's water soluble that it doesn't have anything negative to it. taking that many B5 tablets can leave you in a deficiency of other vitamins and can harm you. I'm sure it may not be the case for everybody, but think about it. Taking 20 tablets a day....an average bottle has around 90. You'd run out between 4-5 days. But it's your body, do what you want. but be realistic here...

i dont mean to sound like a bitch, but taking 20 tablets is seriously dumb. look it up on google and look up the negative side of taking that many tablets. people think just b/c its a vitamin and that it's water soluble that it doesn't have anything negative to it. taking that many B5 tablets can leave you in a deficiency of other vitamins and can harm you. I'm sure it may not be the case for everybody, but think about it. Taking 20 tablets a day....an average bottle has around 90. You'd run out between 4-5 days. But it's your body, do what you want. but be realistic here...