Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Forsaken

I'm seriously going to give up on everything....

For about 6 months, I had been completely clear. Before I had taken accutane and I had almost no acne at all. 2 days ago, I woke up and I had about 12 pimples on my face that came from no where. I had no acne the night before. I just woke up and they were there. They aren't even the white heads that I would occasionally get. They were all either cysts or like semi cyst type acne. I have college in a few weeks and I told my mother that if I don't clear up, I'm not going. I honestly don't give a fuck anymore. I told my girlfriend that I'm not seeing her until I clear up. I can't go through this again. So tommorow I'm going to call my dermatologist. If the acne doesn't clear up I'm going to have to either get another dermatologist or start seeing a psychiatrist. Thanks for listening.

...all this over 12 pimples?

...You have a girlfriend?

...you got accutane before?

...you were clear for 6 months?

Good luck

You're giving up college just because you had 12 zits? You're giving up your future because of your face?

By the way, how come you took accutane when you even said that you "had almost no acne at all"?

Guest tenshigirl25

i know how u must feel, u dont wanna go back to all the stress again of acne. maybe u will have to take a 2nd course soon but dont let it hold u back. ppl that love u dont care, and 12 pimples isnt that bad. if u live the rest of your life thinking ur only going to be happy with clear skin then ur never gonna be truly happy. acne is a rollercoaster so u will have those bad days, the initial breakout again and then clear skin..i think u should go to college now and then wait it out because ur face will be clear again.

You're giving up college just because you had 12 zits? You're giving up your future because of your face?

Yes

By the way, how come you took accutane when you even said that you "had almost no acne at all"?

After I took accutane I had almost no acne at all.

Forsaken:

Don't pile regret on top of sorrow. You never, never know how the choice not to go to school could affect your future (even if you just put it off a year) - and then you'll be beating yourself up over sacrificing something bigger because you were mad at your skin. I know it seems like the thing to do now, but you don't know the person you'll be in two, ten, or twenty years.

It could make all the difference.

Ask yourself: do you really need to set yourself up for further disappointment, in addition to that which you already have?

It's not worth it. Believe me - go - and someday, you'll be glad you did.

And hang in. Smooth seas never made a good sailor.

:o)

12 zits in one night is pretty shitty. i don't blame you for being pissed. thats like 1 zit an hour ( depending on how much sleep you got) but it sounds like bullshit. too bad it happened. hopefully you can kick those 12 fuckers out of there fast. keep it real.

my cystic acne bout came on just as fast , practically over-nite, a few years ago. It can make you feel deverstated

so you did the whole conventional approach and still having problems? sounds like it's time to switch to the diet/holistic forum. we can help. wink.gif