Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MultiMia

Anyone tried Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Line?

I dont know whats going on with my skin but it seems like the more products I try, the worse it gets. The latest product line Im using is by the Body Shop.Ive been using the Tea Tree Oil Cleanser, Exfoliating Scrub and Tea Tree Oil for about a month.I have no idea if its working.My forehead which was never really bad is all borken out in little bumps,some are just red and some are whiteheads, but none of them go away or really get smaller.Then on my nose,chin and only recently on the sides of my face I have blackheads.And finally on my chin,cheeks,jaw,and below my nose I have cystic acne.(at least I think its cystic,its the big red ones,like under the skin,they hurt A LOT!)

So the Body Shop line has caused a lot of the cystic acne in that before I started using it I only had tiny little bumps and the product has brought them out,some are even forming whiteheads.Is this progress? Whats the deal with my forehead? Are the products bringing everything out of my skin or is it just not working?

Ive been thinking about trying Burts Bees Products.Has anyone with similar skin had good results with Burts Bees.By-the-way I have oily,sensitive skin,with a little bit of redness on my cheeks,like around the nose.

Any advice/info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

I dont know whats going on with my skin but it seems like the more products I try, the worse it gets. The latest product line Im using is by the Body Shop.Ive been using the Tea Tree Oil Cleanser, Exfoliating Scrub and Tea Tree Oil for about a month.I have no idea if its working.My forehead which was never really bad is all borken out in little bumps,some are just red and some are whiteheads, but none of them go away or really get smaller.Then on my nose,chin and only recently on the sides of my face I have blackheads.And finally on my chin,cheeks,jaw,and below my nose I have cystic acne.(at least I think its cystic,its the big red ones,like under the skin,they hurt A LOT!)

So the Body Shop line has caused a lot of the cystic acne in that before I started using it I only had tiny little bumps and the product has brought them out,some are even forming whiteheads.Is this progress? Whats the deal with my forehead? Are the products bringing everything out of my skin or is it just not working?

Ive been thinking about trying Burts Bees Products.Has anyone with similar skin had good results with Burts Bees.By-the-way I have oily,sensitive skin,with a little bit of redness on my cheeks,like around the nose.

Any advice/info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

I've been using the scrub for years. Its a nice, non-drying scrub, but I don't think it does anything for acne. I generally use it a couple times a week after working out, (so I have to wash my face 3 times that day) and don't want a harsh cleanser.

I don't think their products have enough tea tree oil to help acne.

Their tea tree oil cleanser is great because it doesn't dry out the skin and doesn't cause acne. I think it helps keep the acne away somewhat, but its nothing to write home about. Hibiclens works ten times better than that ever did.

Thanks for the replies guys.Im going to check out the Jason Tea Trea Gel. And Ive read some other posts about Hibiclens,what is it exactly and where can I get it?

Thanks for the replies guys.Im going to check out the Jason Tea Trea Gel. And Ive read some other posts about Hibiclens,what is it exactly and where can I get it?

I have used the Tea Tree matifying moisturiser. I found it very nice, it was quite light, and nicely fragranced. I didnt notice it lowering oil production, but my face isnt usually very oily.