Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spimples

green peels in toronto

hello fellow acne sufferers....

It is nice to have a wonderful board like this for accessing the latest treatments available for acne and acne scarring. Thankful to the board and Dan for making it possible. Am new to the board though I have been perusing for a while. Cutting to the chase...came across treatment called green peel that is supposed to be excellent for acne scarring (both depressed and raised)...anyone familiar with this as the results seem ideal...supposedly, the only thing that happens during the "down time" (was told 2-4 days max) is peeling with little to no redness compared to chemical peels. you then go back on the 5th day for facial and you are supposed to have beautiful skin (during 5 days...cannot touch water...shower...swim etc) It is an herbal mixture...As well, has anyone heard of the new treatment for restoring melanin back into the scars...acne, stretch marks, laser mistakes etc. so frightened to do anything to face and yet, cannot stand that scars are there because I couldn't keep from messing with it....

It is nice to have a wonderful board like this for accessing the latest treatments available for acne and acne scarring. Thankful to the board and Dan for making it possible.  Am new to the board though I have been perusing for a while.  Cutting to the chase...came across treatment called green peel that is supposed to be excellent for acne scarring (both depressed and raised)...anyone familiar with this as the results seem ideal...supposedly, the only thing that happens during the "down time" (was told 2-4 days max) is peeling with little to no redness compared to chemical peels.  you then go back on the 5th day for facial and you are supposed to have beautiful skin (during 5 days...cannot touch water...shower...swim etc)  It is an herbal mixture...As well, has anyone heard of the new treatment for restoring melanin back into the scars...acne, stretch marks, laser mistakes etc.  so frightened to do anything to face and yet, cannot stand that scars are there because I couldn't keep from messing with it....

yes my derm says its really painful whichever skin type you have, but since its all natural and acid free ppl opt for that choice also it costs really cheap here in canada a course of 5 treatments is $395 which isn't bad but beautiful skin in 5 days ? i really doubt that

Dude...$395?! I live in toronto and Pure laser is offering this treatment for a whopping 595 for full face and 750 for back. Had consult recently... I am so tempted after reading the scary stuff about lasers which is a relief in that I won't try them...but a disappointment in that another hope for scar relief is gone...What kind of pain is it?

By the way ICEBOI....maybe I remembered wrong..but didn't you go to pure laser...what was you experience there (I think I saw it on another thread)

thanks again for all your input

Also Kamstan...

when you said that you had two of these treatments done, what kind of scarring (if any) did you have...hyperpigmentation or depressed scarring. The aesthetician said the whole process lasts about an hour (not scraping the whole time luckily)...and did a doctor or assistant perform your peel.

Thank you so much for all your insight again!

It is nice to have a wonderful board like this for accessing the latest treatments available for acne and acne scarring. Thankful to the board and Dan for making it possible.  Am new to the board though I have been perusing for a while.  Cutting to the chase...came across treatment called green peel that is supposed to be excellent for acne scarring (both depressed and raised)...anyone familiar with this as the results seem ideal...supposedly, the only thing that happens during the "down time" (was told 2-4 days max) is peeling with little to no redness compared to chemical peels.  you then go back on the 5th day for facial and you are supposed to have beautiful skin (during 5 days...cannot touch water...shower...swim etc)  It is an herbal mixture...As well, has anyone heard of the new treatment for restoring melanin back into the scars...acne, stretch marks, laser mistakes etc.  so frightened to do anything to face and yet, cannot stand that scars are there because I couldn't keep from messing with it....

I had 2 of these done, and they hurt like hell, and to be honest, I saw better results doing a jessner or a tca peel. I don't consider myself to have sensitive skin at all, but this felt like someone was rubbing crushed sharp sea shells all over my face, I could'nt even go 6min. the pain was too intense. For the price, I would def. say a Jessner?tca peel would work way better. But thats just my opinion. Maybe if you actually go more than 6 min it might be a good peel, but I couldn't.

Also Kamstan...

when you said that you had two of these treatments done, what kind of scarring (if any) did you have...hyperpigmentation or depressed scarring.  The aesthetician said the whole process lasts about an hour (not scraping the whole time luckily)...and did a doctor or assistant perform your peel. 

Thank you so much for all your insight again!

Dear Kamstan,

thanks so much for your reply. So sorry to badger you with so many questions...I am really interested in getting this peel because of all the scary stories about lasers and chemicals. I think I have a rolling scar on my right cheek (scar definitely there...not 100% sure it is classified as rolling) which is quite shallow but very visible to ME...it was from the scab falling off prematurely and me not putting ointment on it to prevent this....(I am so angry at myself about this) I have other rolling scars (4) on my left cheek (close to nose) for almost 10 years now (short one which is 1 year old)...mostly not too noticeable too except for the deeper area of the scar which resembles an icepick scar(s) (not as deep)...some on forehead also over a decade old...will this peel help and also I have read on the board somewhere that the scars are wider underneath...will I make things worse!? And when peeling, will the skin if removed prematurely create more depressed scars like the one on my cheek? I ask this because I am also thinking of doing it on my back and with clothes rubbing against it...there is bound to be some premature removal...the scar on my cheek didn't bleed either (you do not bleed during this procedure)...the esthetician didn't answer my questions too well....

Thanks so much for all your replies so far....your contribution to my questions and your general knowledge on the board have been of great interest for me....it is really appreciated!

Dear Kamstan,

thanks so much for your reply.  So sorry to badger you with so many questions...I am really interested in getting this peel because of all the scary stories about lasers and chemicals.  I think I have a rolling scar on my right cheek (scar definitely there...not 100% sure it is classified as rolling) which is quite shallow but very visible to ME...it was from the scab falling off prematurely and me not putting ointment on it to prevent this....(I am so angry at myself about this)  I have other rolling scars (4) on my left cheek (close to nose) for almost 10 years now (short one which is 1 year old)...mostly not too noticeable too except for the deeper area of the scar which resembles an icepick scar(s) (not as deep)...some on forehead also over a decade old...will this peel help and also I have read on the board somewhere that the scars are wider underneath...will I make things worse!?  And when peeling, will the skin if removed prematurely create more depressed scars like the one on my cheek?  I ask this because I am also thinking of doing it on my back and with clothes rubbing against it...there is bound to be some premature removal...the scar on my cheek didn't bleed either (you do not bleed during this procedure)...the esthetician didn't answer my questions too well....

Thanks so much for all your replies so far....your contribution to my questions and your general knowledge on the board have been of great interest for me....it is really appreciated!

I can't seem to find Pure Laser's web site on google. would you happen to know it. Thanks

Dude...$395?!  I live in toronto and Pure laser is offering this treatment for a whopping 595 for full face and 750 for back. Had consult recently...  I am so tempted after reading the scary stuff about lasers which is a relief in that I won't try them...but a disappointment in that another hope for scar relief is gone...What kind of pain is it?

By the way ICEBOI....maybe I remembered wrong..but didn't you go to pure laser...what was you experience there (I think I saw it on another thread)

Hi, I've been wanting to ask this. I've seen the procedure for green peels described on the Pure Laser website too. I think it was yesterday or the day before, but anyway...

Why is it that it would hurt? From the description, it sounds like a mild/gentle peel which, if compared to what all of you have mentioned, is misleading

Thanks for clearing that up in advance. smile.gif

Dear Kamstan,

Your input is truly invaluable. I am really veering towards getting this peel done...I may go for some other consults...but this natural concept is attractive. Just a few more questions redface.gif

I found that the creator of green peels (germany...forget her name right now) trains the aestheticians and that only those are really licensed to perform it....they didn't mentiont those qualifications at Pure LAser. Did find someone else online who did complete that...but I digress...

Do you think that the skin falling off part will scar if they come off prematurely and did you buy all those products to use? And I have been using Olay regenerist night serum and Tstat erythromicin lotion (only occasionally) and washing my face with Olay Age Defying face wash with beta hydroxy acid...is that too harsh? your aesthetician said that it would ooze!? The information given to me by both my consult and online says that it burns a bit like sun burn than peels! And it says that it takes 48 hours for the ingredients to become totally absorbed by skin..do you think any of those ingredients (natural or not...bad is bad) can harm the skin? Would you break out after (you can't wash face for 5 days!) because you also have to add ointment? I am really banking on this one! Please let me know what your advice is....

PS have you every tried using any of the PCA (physician's choice of arizona) products?

Thanks so very very much again!

Dude...$395?!  I live in toronto and Pure laser is offering this treatment for a whopping 595 for full face and 750 for back. Had consult recently...  I am so tempted after reading the scary stuff about lasers which is a relief in that I won't try them...but a disappointment in that another hope for scar relief is gone...What kind of pain is it?

check this site out for Green Peels

www.lilianne.com

I think this Derm is the one who trains others how to use it!!

It's located in Oakville Ontario!!

It seems to work really good on Scars and Red marks but as for exisitng acne and pimples it might irritate it....

Hi Iceboi!

Thanks for your response...I was pretty shocked at the huge difference between pure laser and this lilianne (I found her too through the Dr. Shrawwek..sp?) website...supposedly she is trained by the creator of this peel in Germany. I want to believe that this will help scars...it is so scary though... the prospect of doing something to worsen the condition of your FACE! It looks so good and promising...I am surprised that more people on this board haven't tried it...

I am just worried that the rolling scars I have are bigger underneath (can't really see that at this point) and that the peel will just exacerbate the appearance of them...having said that....I cannot stand these darn scars anymore! Feedback anyone?!!!!

I wouldn't be too concerned that a green peel would make things worse. I think a CO2 laser has a far greater risk of leaving thing worse off.

My concern, is that the green peel would not have any effect at all, that it would be a waste. They can claim it helps but does it really. You're right too bad more people haven't tried it. I am going to book a consult with that place in Oakville.

Hi Iceboi!

Thanks for your response...I was pretty shocked at the huge difference between pure laser and this lilianne  (I found her too through the Dr. Shrawwek..sp?) website...supposedly she is trained by the creator of this peel in Germany.  I want to believe that this will help scars...it is so scary though... the prospect of doing something to worsen the condition of your FACE!  It looks so good and promising...I am surprised that more people on this board haven't tried it...

I am just worried that the rolling scars I have are bigger underneath (can't really see that at this point) and that the peel will just exacerbate the appearance of them...having said that....I cannot stand these darn scars anymore!  Feedback anyone?!!!!

dhouston! Thanks for taking the plunge...it is a little far for me so it has been hard to get out there just for a consult...please report back!

Sorry I will track this thread from now on. I have been busy lately, I am going to book a time today. The place in Oakville is a bit far away for me, but they look like they have the proper training in this thing until other places. Thanks for reminding me!!

dhouston!

Did you manage to get a consult with Lilliane for the green peel?

Okay booked a consult for Aug 31st. At the lilianne place in Oakville.

dhouston!

Okay booked a consult for Aug 31st. At the lilianne place in Oakville.

dhouston!