Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
teclhie

Accutane and tanning/sunlight

Yeh I know you shouldn't be in the sun wen you're on accutane. But what are the effects of sunlight wen your on it. What does it mean when your skin becomes more "sensitive". More sensitive for burning ? What if I put alot of suncreen on? I play alot of ball in the sun. Maybe like a couple hours a day.

I don't know about accutane, but while I was on a strong AHA regimen my doctor told me to stay out of the sun because it could cause irreversible damage and I think she said permanent skin discoloration.

"Sun-sensitive" just means that you can burn with a shorter exposure duration that what would otherwise be normal for you. You can counteract that by the proper use of sunblocks.

Exposure to UV light can indeed cause color changes that can be permanent. This is independant on whatever you might be ingesting or putting on your skin, or whether or not you burned.

Just like I have not experienced any dryness at all yet on day 10, I have not burned at all and I work outside all day long. I've only worn sunblock one day out of the 10 days I've been on it and I have not been burned at all. Just tan on my feet, legs and arms, but I dind't have a burn at all or any redness before they became tan, so I have no idea what it does because I do not get any side effects. I want to go tanning though, my friend works in a tanning salon and she can get me a really good deal, but I can't beleive i have to wait like 8 months supposedly before I can go check it out sad.gif Even though, I'm in the sun all day long and not getting any red at all even a little bit. Oh well I guess betetr safe than sorry.