Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
balloonhead

Best Moisturiser in UK

I'm using jojoba oil at the mo and its great but i think it may be breaking me out (not sure tho).

So whats the best moisturiser you can buy in the UK?

I use Estee Lauder's daywear plus in the daytime cos its got SPF 15, it's oil-free and is really light and then i use Avene moisturiser for sensitive/irritated skin at night, it's really good and leaves your skin feeling great biggrin.gif

where can i get the eucerin in the uk?

and acnegirl, do you mean complete care day cream or complete care moistrising fluid? thanks

I use the olay complete care day cream. And you can buy Eucerin in larger branches of Boots (though not sure how it compares price wise with ordering online).

Not sure if it's the skin renewal eucerin i have - I think it may just be their 5% day cream, but it's really good. And I have a stronger 10% cream I use if my skin is really dry (don't use it that often now my skin is used to the BP)

Larger branches of Boots also have tester pots of the olay - they make loads of different moisturisers and I tried them all before I decided! I picked the day cream one because I like the smell of olay stuff - the gels don't smell as much but don't think they are as heavy duty a moisturiser as the creams. But they are also quite cheap compared to some of the other moisturisers on offer - I think I paid about £4.50 for mine and it has lasted ages. Superdrug also sell it here.

Hope that helps!

Sometimes I get patchy dry areas on my face when I use too much BP and I find that E45 cream helps, cheap too!

do you consider it to be better than that neutrogena vis refined one w/ spf 15

Never used it sorry - but is that the one that Neutrogena are going to stop making? Someone mentioned on another thread that they are discontinuing one of their ranges, but I can't remember which one.

Ref:  000476933A

Thank you for your recent E-Mail regarding our Neutrogena Visibly Refined

Moisturiser SPF15.

I regret to inform you that our Neutrogena Visibly Refined range has now

been discontinued. We came to this decision after careful consideration due

to the low level of sales achieved by this particular range over the last

few years.

I am very sorry to disappoint you and regret that we do not have an

alternative to offer you. 

Assuring you of our best attention.

Yours sincerely

«c:\user signatures\caskem.bmp»

[

Carrie Askem

Consumer Services Associate

CIC Johnson & Johnson

]

lush dream cream and i like the body shop body butters. I use the coconut one although its not so good for your skin, so try the papaya.

are these moisturisers any good with combination skin and acne.

Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser

Nivea For Men Moisturising Lotion

Eucerin Skin Renewal Day Lotion

i am in the uk and i looked everywhere for this but cant find it on any uk website. can someone please help me here.

thanks for letting me know about those other moisturisers that i posted.

The Eucerin range in the UK and in America are slightly different. Firstly, there is no Daily Reneweal SPF 15 in the UK. Instead it is called Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face cream (with 5% Urea), and has no SPF.

There is usually a massive Eucerin Range in Boots. Although it is a bit pricey, about £10 a tube, it is well worth it, and contains no comeodogenic ingredients that can clog pores.

Here is a link to the product I'm talking about from the UK boots website :

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details....oductid=1029095

Hope this helps.

thanks for that link Mightywhites. Today I woke up and didnt put no moisturiser on and my skin is so dry, i cant even open my mouth to eat something.