Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

My prom is in a couple of days which I am excited about. Just thinking if I should put something on to hide my blemishs (I am a guy). Normally I wouldn't do this, cause I would feel really feminine, but I do you think it's ok for just this one occasion? I basically just have a T-zone. Most of it is around my nose. They're not really pimples, just red marks.

Anyways, recommend anything? Being a guy, I know nothing about makeup and I would feel uncomfortable going up to the make-up counter and asking the person hehe.

Havent had prom yet? Dangggg....isnt it late for proms?

Anyways, dont even worry about makeup. I'm sure your date isnt judging you by how you look like and is just fine with you the way you are. Dont worry about covering up such things. I know that I have pretty bad red marks now (and i hate them and complain about them so much) but I still have a lot of confidence around people and I have a ton of friends b/c of it. I just w*ouldnt worry about covering it up if i were you and if you did I am sure that people would be able to tell in a heartbeat. Just be natural, be yourself :))

I remember when I had prom this yr I sorta thought about this and decided that it isnt about what i look like but who I am, and that's what people will remember me by

Thanks for the confidence booster. My prom is on June 6th.

I mainly thought about the makeup thing because of the pictures. Those red marks really DO turn red in pictures.

I know that the people who did my schools prom pics go through and do touchups and stuff, so mine werent noticable. My senior pic makes me look as clear as the next guy and so do my prom pics

yeah. I believe our photo company did touchups too. Oftentimes, there's a checkbox for whether or not you want that done.

hey, tho for guys there SO MUCH stuff coming out make-up /facial/ skincare wise if you decide to do it.. I'm sure a make-up counterdude can help.

My recommendation is StudioFix by MAC. easy compact/powder-liquid, and it's pretty "hip" so it's not like wearing your gramma's pancake make-up.

Hi, 

My prom is in a couple of days which I am excited about. Just thinking if I should put something on to hide my blemishs (I am a guy). Normally I wouldn't do this, cause I would feel really feminine, but I do you think it's ok for just this one occasion?  I basically just have a T-zone.  Most of it is around my nose.  They're not really pimples, just red marks.

Anyways, recommend anything? Being a guy, I know nothing about makeup and I would feel uncomfortable going up to the make-up counter and asking the person hehe.

It's absolutely okay. I think you should feel comfortable doing whatever makes you feel better about yourself. Maybe use a concealor, very similar in color to your skin tone.

You can buy makeup like specifically for men? I have been tempted to use a concealer and now that I am basically down to red marks I could cover up my face pretty well. Where could I buy makeup like this?

Hi guys,

The concealer I use is actually part of theatrical make-up line called Ben Nye. They carry concealers specifically for redness, acne scarring, etc. You can look/order the products from a site called Would You Believe. http://www.wyb.com I do have sensitive acne-prone skin and I have had no problems.

The Mellow Yellow concealer and the corvette series are quite good. Costume shops sometimes carry this line as well, so you don't have to order from the net.

The main key is to find a good color match in whatever you use and blend/pat over the blemish and make sure you blend it in well with the surrounding skin.

Rimmel (carried at Wal-Mart) makes a very good stick/wand concealer. Don't get the one that looks like a lipstick tube, it is waaaayyy to greasy. This line is super cheap and gives good coverage.

I hope this helps and just remember to have a great time!!!!!!! :D/ :lol:/

*Misty