Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Montoya

My ps appointment

After months of bothering you guys with questions,I finaly had my appointment with a plastic surgion the other day,so I now know exactly what I can do for my skin.He immediately said that I was the perfect candidate for dermabrasion because of my light skin colour and thinks I can get good results from it.I will have been off accutane for six months in September,but he said that my skin was still too dry to perform dermabrasion,so I have to wait longer.He reassured me that my scars can be significantly improved,but it is going to take time.I am looking towards december to have this done,because I've got a 7 week break then,and I'm hoping I will heal up in time.I was origionally thinking of dermabrasion,but then was looking towards fillers,however he said that these are expensive and he didn't think that they would help with my scars.I am really nervous about dermabrasion,I mean,the risks of things going wrong,etc. but I guess if you want improvement then you've gotta go through it.Until then,I'll have to prepare myself mentally,and financially.I just hope I only have to do this once!

Thanks guys,I'm not expecting a miracle cure,but I'm hoping to have some significant improvements.My scars are the type that cast a shadow in bad light and are wide rolling and Boxcar scars.He told me that fillers wouldn't really work on my scars,so this could mean that they aren't that deep..I can't wait to have it done and over with and hopefully it will all go well.The fact that he told me my scars can be significantly improved really gave me hope.I will keep everyone updated when I have it done,as well as pics.

Thanks for the support guys,but......................

There won't be much to report in the near future,as I have a problem I didn't mention earlier.Acne had started to come back,but it wasn't too serious,mostly surface stuff,but every now and again,acne that was more than just white heads,etc.I was trying to control it with diet,and I was hoping that it would somehow stop,but I have this nasty cyst that has formed under my skin and the area is swollen,so I have made the decision to go back onto accutane for three months.I would much rather have thousands of holes in my skin than to have thousands of holes and huge lumps in my skin! It means that I will only be able to do stuff to my skin in May next year and I am aiming to get dermabrasion in July next year,but I understand that dermabrasion cannot be done with active acne.I would rather wait and get this out of my life for good,then to try and get dermabrasion done earlier and end up with even worse skin.I am only 17,so I see it as I still have quite a bit of time to fix up my skin,and I would rather take the time and get it done right early on in my life.A year is not really a long time,I will be in my last year of school next year,and although I wanted to have good skin for my last year,I am sure that the time will fly by and I will then be able to safely have the procedure and get on with life.................well thats what I hope!

Montoya