Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Inty

I don't use a moisteriser with BP..

..except for my bottom lip, from yestarday it's gone all dry, tingly and sore. It may not be from the BP at all, but what can i do to get rid of it?

The only moistoriser i have contains SA, and i heard it's not good with BP.

No, definetly not, go out to the store and pic up some oil free moisturizer with maybe some spf in it. Moisturizing is key man, and because you see some signs of dryness it probably wont be long until your entire face will be dry. So do yourself a favour and start putting on moisturizer all over.

Salicylic acid does different things than benzoyl peroxide but for the same purpose: to kill acne bacteria. These two should not be used at the same time. In other words, while you are on the regimen do not use anything but bp. If you were to use salicylic acid along with benzoyl peroxide(BP) it could cause serious irritation/dryness and/or increased acne. Thanks,

Tyler

hey i have a SA moistuizer and use bp every night... but if i just wash in the morning.. and add no bp can i still use the SA moistuizer? or is it just when the bp is on ur face?. and i apply BP and dont moisterize bc at night y do it.. lol does it help to moisterize? i have dove essentails..

If you dont feel the need to add bp in the morning, then it would be ok as long as it worked for you. I would recommend putting the bp on during the day so as to combat all the oil and crap that gets on it during sweating and stuff like that. I also would recommend you putting bp on at night also, but if you only want to apply bp once daily, then just do it in the morning. Again, if you can combine salicylic acid at night and benzoyl peroxide in the morning and it works for you, then by all means do what works. But just so you know, it is not recommended that you combine the two, but i have heard of some people successfully doing it. So as long as it works for you, hope this helps,

Tyler.

SA is salicylic acid. It does absolutely nothing to kill acne bacteria, it simply helps to unclog pores, although it's effect is very mild, and will not help with large comedones. It is pretty drying too. But, just wanted to clarify that it does not kill acne bacteria at all.

Because it is pretty drying, it is not advised to use it along with bp.