Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
funkycoolness

READ THIS IF YOU WERE ON 20mg OF ACCUTANE/DAY PLZ!

Im on 20mg a day for accutane. Not sure about what type of results im gonna get? I think its too low a dosage. Has anyone taken 20mg for most of there course? if so.... how good were your results? how long did it take to get clear?

Im on 20mg a day for accutane. Not sure about what type of results im gonna get? I think its too low a dosage. Has anyone taken 20mg for most of there course? if so.... how good were your results? how long did it take to get clear?

Im, 17 and weigh 80 kilos, my acne is pretty bad. I think it's way too low a dose. For some reason my derm thinks that sticking with 20mg will clear me completly after 3-6 months. Are you completly clear now after the 40mg course?

I was on 20mg a day for 8 weeks for severe acne and it helped my acne slightly (got rid of some of the redness) but not completely so when i finished my course i had to be put on 40mg for 6 more months mad.gif which seems to be helping a lot more. I too thought that 20mg was too low a dose but your derm has prescribed this for a reason. It may be because of your age/weight. I was only 14 when i started accutane and weighed only 7st 10. Also if you only have mild acne then your derm is not going to put you on a high dose which isn't necessary. Stick with your 20mg and towards the end of your course you should start to see some results, yet you may have to go on a second course.

OMG OMG OMG!!!! DONT TAKE THAT...I HAVE A BOOK-CALLED THE CLEAR SKIN PRESCRIPTION AND IT SAYS THAT STUFF FIS REALLLLLLY REALLLY BAD FOR U....(GETTING THE BOOK) ILL QUOTE- SOME OF THE SIDE EFFECTS ARE...SUDDEN INABILITY TO SEE IN THE DARK(DANGEROUSE FOR DRIVING_LOSS OF SIGHT AND IN SOME CASES CAN RESULT IN DEATH.ELEVATED TRIGLYCERIDES, SAEVERE BIRTH DEFECTS, CAN CAUSE MISCARIGESPREMATURE BIRTH OR DEATH OF THE BABY(EVEN IF YU BECOME PREGENANT 3 MONTHS AFTER STOPPED USING). AND THERE HAS BEEN A LINK BETWEEN SEVERE DEPRESSION AND MENTAL ILLNESS AND SUICIDE. IT ALSO INCREASES YOUR DAILY FATTY ACID INTAKE, NOSEBLEEDSSEVERLY DRY SKIN AND CHAPPED LIPS. THEN THE AUTHOR GOES ON ANOTHER 3 PAGES EXPLAINING HOW HE RECCOMENDS YOU CONSULT A DOCTOR BEFORE YOU USE IT.... the boooks written byNicholas Perricone and its really good its got some recipies and a program he rekons will get rid of leshers in 20 days...plus excersize routines and more....look it up its a great book

OMG OMG OMG!!!! DONT TAKE THAT...I HAVE A BOOK-CALLED THE CLEAR SKIN PRESCRIPTION AND IT SAYS THAT STUFF FIS REALLLLLLY REALLLY BAD FOR U....(GETTING THE BOOK)      ILL QUOTE- SOME OF THE SIDE EFFECTS ARE...SUDDEN INABILITY TO SEE IN THE DARK(DANGEROUSE FOR DRIVING_LOSS OF SIGHT AND IN SOME CASES CAN RESULT IN DEATH.ELEVATED TRIGLYCERIDES, SAEVERE BIRTH DEFECTS, CAN CAUSE MISCARIGESPREMATURE BIRTH OR DEATH OF THE BABY(EVEN IF YU BECOME PREGENANT 3 MONTHS AFTER STOPPED USING). AND THERE HAS BEEN A LINK BETWEEN SEVERE DEPRESSION AND MENTAL ILLNESS AND SUICIDE. IT ALSO INCREASES YOUR DAILY FATTY ACID INTAKE, NOSEBLEEDSSEVERLY DRY SKIN AND CHAPPED LIPS. THEN THE AUTHOR GOES ON ANOTHER 3 PAGES EXPLAINING HOW HE RECCOMENDS YOU CONSULT A DOCTOR BEFORE YOU USE IT.... the boooks written byNicholas Perricone and its really good its got some recipies and a program he rekons will get rid of leshers in 20 days...plus excersize routines and more....look it up its a great book

I'm on it now, day 10 today. I'm already clearing up!!!!! I had moderate acne before I went on. It didn't look that pretty at the time I went on, I had just gotten off doxycyclin, so I had broken out the worst I had ever been and it clearing up already!!! 20mg works, well for me at least so far, maybe it won't for you, but I'm allso not experiencing any dryness, chapped lips or anything like that, just some lower back pain.

20mg is what I am taking. I am clear, no pimples after my first month.

The first 4 months - 1 capsule per day

The second 4 months - 1 capsule day after another * this is where I am now *

The Third 4 months - only 2 capsules weekly

OMG OMG OMG!!!! DONT TAKE THAT...I HAVE A BOOK-CALLED THE CLEAR SKIN PRESCRIPTION AND IT SAYS THAT STUFF FIS REALLLLLLY REALLLY BAD FOR U....(GETTING THE BOOK)      ILL QUOTE- SOME OF THE SIDE EFFECTS ARE...SUDDEN INABILITY TO SEE IN THE DARK(DANGEROUSE FOR DRIVING_LOSS OF SIGHT AND IN SOME CASES CAN RESULT IN DEATH.ELEVATED TRIGLYCERIDES, SAEVERE BIRTH DEFECTS, CAN CAUSE MISCARIGESPREMATURE BIRTH OR DEATH OF THE BABY(EVEN IF YU BECOME PREGENANT 3 MONTHS AFTER STOPPED USING). AND THERE HAS BEEN A LINK BETWEEN SEVERE DEPRESSION AND MENTAL ILLNESS AND SUICIDE. IT ALSO INCREASES YOUR DAILY FATTY ACID INTAKE, NOSEBLEEDSSEVERLY DRY SKIN AND CHAPPED LIPS. THEN THE AUTHOR GOES ON ANOTHER 3 PAGES EXPLAINING HOW HE RECCOMENDS YOU CONSULT A DOCTOR BEFORE YOU USE IT.... the boooks written byNicholas Perricone and its really good its got some recipies and a program he rekons will get rid of leshers in 20 days...plus excersize routines and more....look it up its a great book

Guest tenshigirl25

maybe your acne isnt that bad, try to ask your doctor for 40 mg a day and if he says no then i guess u have to stick with the 20mg. maybe he knows what hes talking about? maybe he wants more money so u have ot keep going back for appointmnts?? just a thought, but maybe 20mg is all u need. there isnt much u can do if he isnt going to give u more, just go back and talk to him about it.

I'm just wondering whether it is the right way to take it twice a day or once a day, because I just met someone who is on his 5 month taking 20mg TWICE A DAY and is taking it for a total of 7 months. His skin looks absolutely beautiful, but we were both confused because I have never heard of taking it twice a day other than my grandmother who was complaining I was taking it wrong by only taking it once a day and he was confused because everyone he has ever known has been on it twice a day even the people who were on the 40mg a day. Should I ask my dermatologist about taking it twice a day or am I only on it for once a day for a reason? I'm just slightly confused as to whether taking it once a day or twice a day is normal.

I'm just wondering whether it is the right way to take it twice a day or once a day, because I just met someone who is on his 5 month taking 20mg TWICE A DAY and is taking it for a total of 7 months. His skin looks absolutely beautiful, but we were both confused because I have never heard of taking it twice a day other than my grandmother who was complaining I was taking it wrong by only taking it once a day and he was confused because everyone he has ever known has been on it twice a day even the people who were on the 40mg a day. Should I ask my dermatologist about taking it twice a day or am I only on it for once a day for a reason? I'm just slightly confused as to whether taking it once a day or twice a day is normal.

i'm a 15 yr old male that weighs 70kg's or 154 pounds and i got put on 60mg a day straight away for 6 months, i've been on it for 2 n a half months already and i've cleared up heaps but not 100%, i still break out every now and then and my lips arent very dry yet, body is but not really my face.

HEY, IM A 20 YEAR OLD MALE, WEIGHT ABOUT 165LBS AND UP. I HAVE WHAT I CONSIDERED SEVERE ACNE SO WHATS THE DOSAGE FOR ME? 2 TABS A DAY N 40MG A PILL?

HAS ANYONE BEEN PRESCRIBED WITH 60MG ?

HEY, IM A 20 YEAR OLD MALE, WEIGHT ABOUT 165LBS AND UP. I HAVE WHAT I CONSIDERED SEVERE ACNE SO WHATS THE DOSAGE FOR ME? 2 TABS A DAY N 40MG A PILL?

HAS ANYONE BEEN PRESCRIBED WITH 60MG ?

20mg, 65kg.

pretty serious acne, start on 3rd mth course.. not cleared, mayb less oil,blackheads,pimples.

cysts still loiter around.

Same deal as most of the other "post-ers". I had mild/moderate acne which nothing else worked to cure (yeah, I paid nearly $15K out of pocket on every prescription, OTC treatment, diet, vitamin, blah, blah). My derm started me out on 20 mg per day for the first month and I stopped breaking out around day four. In month two, I was bumped up to 40 mg per day. Now finishing up month three, I'm on 60 mg (I weigh 120 lbs, so I don't think I'll be bumped up to 80 mg). Here's what I'll say about my current level: 1) the corners of my lips cracked so badly I had to get a prescription cream - which cleared up the cracks in three days; 2) I have moderate joint pain around my Achilles - stretching assuages the tightness.

Most people say they get a bad initial breakout within their first month or so on Accutane. I thought I'd skipped this misfortune, but when I was bumped up to 60 mg, I got the dreaded break-out. Actually, I'm glad b/c it brought all these embedded bumps to the surface and as I near week 12, my skin is baby soft!

Im, 17 and weigh 80 kilos, my acne is pretty bad. I think it's way too low a dose. For some reason my derm thinks that sticking with 20mg will clear me completly after 3-6 months. Are you completly clear now after the 40mg course?

I was on 20mg a day for 8 weeks for severe acne and it helped my acne slightly (got rid of some of the redness) but not completely so when i finished my course i had to be put on 40mg for 6 more months mad.gif which seems to be helping a lot more. I too thought that 20mg was too low a dose but your derm has prescribed this for a reason. It may be because of your age/weight. I was only 14 when i started accutane and weighed only 7st 10. Also if you only have mild acne then your derm is not going to put you on a high dose which isn't necessary. Stick with your 20mg and towards the end of your course you should start to see some results, yet you may have to go on a second course.