Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cobie

chest acne or rash?

never had acne on my chest before.

but it looks so weird it could be a rash?

started about 2 months ago. a weird collection of what looked like tiny blackheads, every pore was a black but there was only liquid inside.

now its like heaps of red dots, sometimes it makes a little tiny whitehead

but mostly just flat red dots in a group.

anyone have any idea what it could be or how to get rid of it?

is it a good idea to use retin-a on the area?

I have something similiar to that, and I treat it like acne, although it does kind of seem to be almost like a rash. I have had some success with bp, although it doesn't seem to clear it up all the way. I have used retin-a on it in the past and it clears up, but makes the skin really red.

I also have that... sometimes it's beacuse of the heat of the temperature and waring uncomfortable clothes. I also treat it as acne because my mom tells me also.

Wash it with skin care herbal soaps, it trooly helps. Try a neem soap, its herbal and can make your skin healthy and soft.

I know exactly what you're talking about.

I just recently noticed a similar rash on my neck, and it has spread onto my chest.

However, mine are more like.. tiny bumps.

I have no idea what they are, but they are pretty annoying!

I apologize I have no advice for you, however, I am going to get them checked out by a dermotologist next week, so I can inform you on what he says, if we do indeed have the same thing.

<3

I have the same little red devils on my shoulders, in the triceps area, and chest. I have been told that they can be caused by many variables such as heat or allergies. So if you're not sure its acne, might be best to talk to a derm to be safe and not irritate them. But some of mine sure seem like acne since they have pus inside them ... like midget whiteheads.

Tazorac has been somewhat successful for me to get rid of them, but it hasnt worked all the way yet. It's only been a week though...so it's really too early to tell.

Tazorac has been somewhat successful for me to get rid of them, but it hasnt worked all the way yet.  It's only been a week though...so it's really too early to tell.

Red, kinda prickly, kinda itchy very sensitive to heat, feels dry after the shower?Sounds like it may be a heatrash. Get it every summer, it sucks.

If you have this, wash the rash with cool water. Don't use any heavy duty soap, use very gentle stuff, and also, do not do anything that will irritate it too much, like scrubbing it. It won't make it go away any faster and it will only irritate your skin much more. I only get it when it really hot outside (like most of the summer confused.gif ) but it does scab over and go away on its own if you don't mess with it. In fact, try not to, and don't pick at the scabs. If you do, apply a super thin layer of neosporin so it dosen't get infected (I mean a really itty bitty amount!)

If you use some Gold Bond Medicated powder this will help to relieve the itching and the heat as well. Since it smells horrible I use it at night usually, but if I'm desparate I will use it during the day.

Do try not to put BP on it, even though BP can take away redness, it will irritate the hell out of you.

Colloidal oat meal can help but it dosen't work long enough, gold bond REALLY works just for this particular method.

-A