Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FloridaJP

Initial Breakout from Accutane = Generic ?

I've been reading some posts about generic and name brand Accutane and the fact that some have been experiencing an initial breakout when beginning their course of accutance.

Wondering if there is a correlation between the initial breakouts experienced and generic/name brand accutane.

I took the name brand (2 courses) and never experienced an intial breakout on both courses. Wondering if those experiencing an intial breakout are the ones taking the generic brand of accutane and if its caused by the different inactive ingredients in the generic brand. From what I know and generic and name brand are suppossedly the same only that the packaging, marketing and the inactive ingredients are different. So the question arises of how important is the inactive ingredient in terms of how it is processed in your body with the active ingredient.

Could the different inactive ingredient in the generics be cause of the intial breakouts?

And can anyone post or direct us to a website that lists exactly all the ingredients of all the generic accutanes and the name brand (Roche)

I don't think there's any correlation whatsoever to brand. I've heard of just as many people experiencing breakouts on the Roche product as the others, and there's absolutely no way to ascertain any objective information to the contrary by asking questions on a message board.

I have both Accutane(1 40mg a day) and Amnesteem( 2 10mg a day). I am just about 2 weeks in and have had a bad breakout and still am slowly getting over it... but it seems as if I have almsot 3 new pimples daily. I hope the meds kick in soon and kick some acne.

I started on 20 mg of Sotret, followed by 40 mg the next month, and am now on my 4th day of 60 mg, and I never had an initial breakout.