Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys,

Please view these pictures and give me your honest opinions about what kind of treatment might help. I feel like my back is up against the wall. ](*,) I guess I am having an ugly day. :)({|= Thanks so much.

1991: dermabrasion

1992: dermabrasion

1993: dermabrasion

1993: tissue from behind ear put in scar (three areas)

1995: spot dermabrasion

1997: full face laser resurfacing...big mistake =;

2000: microdermabrasion (series of 10 treatments)

Current: vinegar method, just started CP serum, going to start back with Renova.

Please click the link below for the pictures, please let me know if they are not loading...some of you know how aol can be! :D$

Thanks again,

Misty :lol:/

http://pak02.pictures.aol.com/NASApp/ygp/L...mViewFromEmails

I dont know if I am missing something or what but I see NO scars...I mean nothing!!! Your face looks absolutely fine to me , I would not do a thing. Were your scars much worse before those procedures because it looks great now....share about that tissue behind the ear procedure,..did you feel that helped much? That sounds very interesting, like it would definately work.

I saw the pictures, but I thought your skin looked fine! I don't think you need to do anything. I have also been doing the vinegar thing for 2 weeks and it has helped. :)

Kimberly,

Thank you for your kind words, believe me they are there, better than they were, but still hanging around. 8-[ The scarring that is on my cheeks (you can see it pretty well in pics 4 and 5) is what gives me the most trouble. There are some ice picks and some rolling scars (the rolling scars came from laser resurfacing). [-X

The punch grafting that I had done worked very nicely. :) The doc took a little punch piece of skin from behind my ear and grafted into the ice pick scar. I'm not sure if the scar tissue was cut out, but I think that may have been the case. Once the area healed we did a spot dermabrasion of the areas to smooth the skin out. There was a little bit of a hump, they kind of skimmed the top off w/ the spot treatment. All in all I was very pleased with this method. HTH! Have a great day!!!

*Misty :D/

seriously.. Its very difficult to see any of the scars you have.. Did you have makeup on?

I could see them slightly but if i had skin as nice as your's i wouldnt even worry about it.. but if you're really that self conscience about your scars..Needling may be do wonders for your skin.. Dont know if you're looking into any to other really invasive treatments.. But The Exoderm would surely fill in the those scars nicely.. but you will be red for a while

aol is so crap!

it made me create an account which took ages to find a name that hadnt been taken and then it wouldnt even show me the pictures in the end!

ah well.

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me! I have posted the pics under another server since people are having trouble with AOL. Hopefully this will work better!

Do you all think I would have any improvement with needling or should I try the Exoderm? Any input would be great and Thank you again!

Please click the link below for pictures. Be sure to click zoom on them to get the "true" picture:

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp...selected=296953

Oh my god! I can't believe that these teeny weeny scars are affecting you!!! I think that pretty much everyone on this board is jealous of your skin, as it is soooooo perfect. Everyone has minor imperfections and your minor scarring (I can see some enlarged pores and a couple of small icepics) totally don't detract from your looks (you have beautiful eyes :D$ ). If I was you, I would leave them be, just to avoid doing any damage. Any kind of invasive treatment, such as needling, could make them worse, but they are already nothing at all!

Jeebus, I would kill for skin like that. Well maybe not, but damn, wtf are you worrying about?

I couldn't even see the "scars" when you circled them!

Hi guys,

It really is shocking reading these comments, 8-[ I see such a different picture when I look in the mirror. Maybe it is more psychological than physical (my husband and friends think so). I can remember when my mother made me go for my first dermabrasion, I did not even think anything was wrong with my skin! My mom is super, hyper-critical and has quite a hot temper. There was this one time during my teen years when she got angry w/ me for some reason and called me scarface, :D# I guess the record got stuck in a certain groove in my brain.

I want to Thank you all for your comments from the very bottom of my heart. I keep you all in my prayers [-o< and hope that even when the physical scars are gone, the psychological ones will disappear as well.

*Misty :lol:/

BTW Thanks Danm! :D

Seems like the $10000+ you have all ready spent on your skin has done something. Try the lemon and vinegar method. Some people are saying that it is helping for their shallow scarring.

It looks to me like your scarring is very, very shallow at this point. Yes I do see it, though on the one cheek. Most areas just look like enlarged pores however. I have exactly the same problem, but with some rosacea. My rosacea and red spots have responded to laser treatment very well.

For the scarring/enlarged pores I have found that Joey Pure Pores gel, pre-foundation serum plus their foundation makes it look like I have perfect skin on most of my face. I couldn't believe it. It has silicone in it and doesn't seem to cake or go into the little lines over time, and it seems to fill in some of the shallower rolling scars. As long as I am consistent with the gel, my skin looks great. I have had acne since I was 11 and I am now 42, so now I have acne AND wrinkles. I have tried at home peels and nothing so far has worked.

I suggested it to my friend who has the worst acne scarring (rolling, ice pick, etc) I have ever seen, bar none (she has had cystic acne for over 20 years) and even she sees a huge difference. She had tried everything and her skin is super-sensitive. It is kind of pricey, but well worth it, and it lasts a long time. I bought mine at QVC.com, and she got hers at her local sephora store (sephora.com). If you don't like it you can return it for a full refund at QVC.

I think it would work really well for you. You should at least try it. Good luck! :D

I think it looks fine.... man i have more than you and people say that i don't have much.... you don't have anything to worry about =)

Thanks guys for all of your help. I am trying to add the tape method in with the vinegar and see how that goes. I just placed an order at Skin Biology for some Super Cop and P&R, so we will see how that goes!! [-o< Have a great weekend! :D/ :lol: :D/