Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vbbabe

Will these work?

Hey everyone, I'm new on here. I've had acne since 6th grade, and I'm going to be a freshman this year. It used to be pretty severe but then I went to a dermatologist, and that helped. Then I stopped going, and it was probably considered moderate. I tried Proactive and that helped, but it didn't work all the way. I think it would be considered mild now, probably, but I still have a lot of spots left over from old acne.

Anyway, I found this site yesterday, so I decided to give the regimen a try. But the only store I could get to today was Target, and they didn't have everything that was reccommended. I got the benzoyl peroxide that was suggested (the Neutrogena kind) but the face wash a got is Clearasil for sensitive skin (I couldn't find any that said gentle) and the moisturizer I got was Target brand, but its the same thing as Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer. Is this stuff all ok to use? Will it work pretty much the same?

lol I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will work! I'm so tired of slathering on the make-up just to go shopping. I really hate going anywhere if my face is totally exposed. But I guess I'll have to start getting used to that, volleyball starts on the 15th so I won't be wearing any make-up then. I'm not sure if it will work that fast but I'm hoping so!

Another question-can I still use an exfoliator with this?

HI, and welcome to the forum!

The bp you got is fine, the cleanser and moisturizer, honestly I just don't know if they will work or not. The Regimen works best if you use products that Dan has used and KNOW work. If your cleanser and moisturizer are oil-free and non-comedogenic, and are not medicated, then they should be fine. But I would recommend as soon as you can get recommended products, go ahead and do so. Also, you asked about an exfoliator, please don't use anything scrubby on your skin, you want to be super gentle. If you want to add in something with alpha hydroxy acid after you have been on the Regimen awhile, then that is something you can try, but I would wait until your skin has adjusted to the Regimen before adding in anything else.

Good luck with the Regimen, and keep us all posted on your progress.

The cleanser is not good, but the others are ok. Get yourself a cleanser that does not contain SA. Also, before you start, make sure you've read the regimen, printed it out, and watched the videos more than once. Good luck.

OK, thank you! I'll try to get to the store sometime today or tomorrow and get a new cleanser. Thanks for letting me know!

and Dan-Thanks, I've already done that! (I mean the stuff about learning about thhe regimen)