Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zxc

How did your scars arise?

Hey! I wonder how your scars arose...so how did they?

Personally I had many pimples at the same place, and before they healed I got new pimples at that spot...and my skin is very thin at the side of the head...so it could not stand it.

On my forehead I also got 2 scars recently and I am very sad about it. There was like a little white firm, very small thing, and when I had taken a shower it was gone. But instead I had gotten a scar at that spot. sad.gif

How did you get your scars? Have you gotten them because you have been picking?

thanks for sharing your experience

Most of them just literally appeared, and then there's shaving. Also procraptive facial scrubs, and possibly tetracycline.

I'm happier now though since they're almost gone.

I have ice pick scars. They wasn't so obvious after my acne cleared up when I was 18. It's when I reach 20 or 21 when the scars start becoming more obvious.

I guess I've been scarring the most over the past 2 years or so, but I never really noticed until last March.

I've been getting pimples here and there since I was 11, but they were not severe or cystic at all. I'd probably get 2-3 small pimples a week, and at one point (ages 15-16) I was barely getting any acne. I should add that I never scarred from them. At the beginning of my sophomore year of college ( I was 19, I think?) I started breaking out badly. I developed a cyst or two a week, along with lots and lots of smaller red bumps. Pro Activ and Retin A helped, but only a little bit. By December my skin finally started to get better again ( the madness started that September). As soon as the acne improved, I noticed some scarring, and I was devestated. Since then, quite a few of the pimples/cysts I've gotten have healed WITH a scar. Thankfully, I do not break out often anymore. All of the scarring took place within a few months. Ick.

I admit, I did pop/pick/overtreat a few of the pimples, but even those that I hadn't messed with, developed some type of scar. I must add that my scarring is not severe, but it's there and it kills me. I think I may have a vitamin deficiency or something internal because I've noticed that even marks on my body such as mosquito bites, heal with a very dark purple mark and shiny skin surface. The sad thing is I totally changed around my diet for the better,take many vitamins, and am much healthier now, but my skin was looking better when I used to eat cheetos and not wash my face before bed. :/ I definitely need to get to the docs and see if there's something going on in my body. Oh well, I'm not giving up. smile.gif