Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How can I get rid of oily skin my face is always oily. I don't know what to do. can someone recommend me a product. I live near a Osco Drug store. I will appreciated if you could tell me a product that deals with oily skin on the face that I could purchased from Osco. thanks In advance.

I have oily skin, and I just started using water to rinse my face daily. I find that when I wash too much, the oil kicks up even more. Try using a oil free moisturizer, and some kind of mild gel cleanser. Avoid using a soap cleanser. I'm not sure what brands to use, but you'll have to try different ones to see what's best.

Maybe you could try those blot tissues or whatever they're called smile.gif it's those things you put on your face to get rid of the oilyness..

it depends, the problem could be due to enlarged pores, nothing you can do about that.

You can buy pore matt gel which for mild cases makes oil lok like it has vanished.

other then that i don't know much what you can do

I find that when I wash too much, the oil kicks up even more.

Oh, bullshit.

Does your car get dirtier, the more you wash it? Does your carpet get dirtier, the more you vacuum it? Do your windows get hazier, the more you Windex them? wink.gif

Bryan

I find that when I wash too much, the oil kicks up even more.

Oh, bullshit.

Does your car get dirtier, the more you wash it? Does your carpet get dirtier, the more you vacuum it? Do your windows get hazier, the more you Windex them? wink.gif

Bryan

Nope, doesn't work that way. Sebum is produced continuously, without regard to what's sitting on the surface of the skin. Time to move into the 21st Century.

All I know is that when I stopped using all the crap cleansers, my skin started looking better. I stopped taking all the supplements as well. I realize that everyone's skin is different. So what about all the "acne" products that people put on their face? You don't think the skin absorbs that crap and could make things worse? It quite possibly could. I've even found all sorts of products that irritate my skin and make me break me out. All I'm saying is that using a mild gel cleanser 2-3 times a week may be better than using a harsh product everyday.

All I know is that when I stopped using all the crap cleansers, my skin started looking better. I stopped taking all the supplements as well. I realize that everyone's skin is different. So what about all the "acne" products that people put on their face? You don't think the skin absorbs that crap and could make things worse? It quite possibly could. I've even found all sorts of products that irritate my skin and make me break me out. All I'm saying is that using a mild gel cleanser 2-3 times a week may be better than using a harsh product everyday.

All I know is that when I stopped using all the crap cleansers, my skin started looking better.

salicylic acid has done wonders for my pores, we'll see if it cuts down oil in the long run.. I'm gonna do a peel this Friday.

dont you hate when people post replies that only contain insults and lack any sort of rational reply to the original question? its just counter-productive, man.

i hate having oily skin and i am always looking for a solution to reduce my oil production. ive tried alot of different things in the past, and this is what ive learned:

- washing my face more than twice a day will always result in oilier skin the next day.

- a moisturizer with salicyclic acid helps (SA is oil-soluble).

- bar soap doesnt make my skin as oily as liquid cleansers, and toners help even more.

- drinking lots of water never hurts.

- the only sure way to immediately reduce oil or shine is to blot it out.

what works for me may not work for you, but the only way to find out what will work for your own skin is to experiment.

my skin is even a little dry now (it's getting used to the SA, i think)

but i'm using the hyaluronic moisturizer with it.. anyway, it's cleaning out my pores like crazy, so hopefully without manhole-sized pores, there'll be less oil?

ehh, we'll see.. lol

i hate having oily skin and i am always looking for a solution to reduce my oil production.  ive tried alot of different things in the past, and this is what ive learned:

- washing my face more than twice a day will always result in oilier skin the next day.

Eh. Washing your face more does trigger a reaction for your skin to produce more sebum in order to make up for the oil you stripped from your skin. If you don't believe me, google it. I just did and there's multiple sites supporting it, not to mention I've read it in quite a few other places (magazines, books, etc.)

i found aloe vera gel made my skin less oily. id just put a light layer on at night and in the morning my skin wasnt as oily as it usually was. for day time id put a light layer of aloe vera on, wait for it to dry, and then put a bit of moisturiser with SPF over it. that would normally be fine for me.

Eh. Washing your face more does trigger a reaction for your skin to produce more sebum in order to make up for the oil you stripped from your skin. If you don't believe me, google it. I just did and there's multiple sites supporting it, not to mention I've read it in quite a few other places (magazines, books, etc.)

Bryan knows nothing...dont listen to him. This guy only comes into these posts to try and prove that he is always right. Which is always wrong.

Let me ask you someting Bryan. Why is that most people that have oily skin, wash their faces twice a day? Is it a coincidence?

Bryan knows nothing...dont listen to him. This guy only comes into these posts to try and prove that he is always right. Which is always wrong.

I tried something that i read on the internet that helps to beat oily skin.

What you do is you either squeeze a few drops of fresh lemon juice into warm water and then use cotton wool to dab it all over your face, or smear lemon juice on your face and wash off after 10 mins. (preferably do the second option before you go to bed or say half an hour before you leave the house because it may cause slight redness)

There's a chemical in the lemon juice that stops your skin from producing so much oil in humid conditions.

I tried it and it really did work, but i only used it on humid or warm days because i wasn't sure if the lemon would damage my skin at all.

You could always try it smile.gif

If your skin is so oily, why are you using a moisterizer? I know some people are using topicals that dry the skin and moisterizing is needed, but if that's NOT the case, you don't need to moisterize.

That's just a bill of goods the cosmetics industry feeds us to sell their moisterizer products!

Now, I'm sure Bryan will argue with this !