Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

That seems like a lot......or maybe I'm just lazy.

I give you an 8 out of 10 for originality.

I wish you continued success.

I did nearly all of this, my mask was different, a combination of multani mati and tulsi (holy basil), or chandan (sandalwood). And I used Mysore soap, a vegetable based sandalwood soap. I smelled delicious. The whole house smelled great, but the zits remained. I wanted it to work soooo bad, one of my more expensive experiments (and do you have any idea how hard it was to locate these products in alabama?!) So is it working for you?? eusa_clap.gif (want a 2 lb bag of turmeric? biggrin.gif )

I probably will try the mask, lord knows I love a good mask (especially one that I made).

I have mixed the sandalwood with the turmeric, also with rose water, lime juice, and graham flour - but not venivelgata. What is it?? I googled it, and got nothing. Checked a couple of ayurvedic sites too, zip eusa_think.gif

The carrot juice!! lol, I've thought about putting that around my eyes about a million times (a little sun damage there). Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Thanks I.M.A. for your post! It's really interesting!!

I looked at the mask, and it seems great, I have all the ingredients but the oatmeal, and here is a bit difficult to find at the moment....

So, my question is: What proprities does it have? And what can I put in its plase?

Thanks in advance,

Stefy eusa_angel.gif

I.M.A. your information is very interesting. I have been curious about Aryuveda for awhile. Question? Have you ever heard of the Indian herb Guggul? It is reported to have the same effects on acne as Tetracycline. I just discovered it and I am going to try it this week. Also do you have any advice for someone with extremely oily skin mixed with mild acne and rosacea?

I probably will try the mask, lord knows I love a good mask (especially one that I made).

I have mixed the sandalwood with the turmeric, also with rose water, lime juice, and graham flour - but not venivelgata. What is it?? I googled it, and got nothing. Checked a couple of ayurvedic sites too, zip  eusa_think.gif 

The carrot juice!! lol, I've thought about putting that around my eyes about a million times (a little sun damage there). Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Thanks so much I.M.A.!!

You're so kind and you have so much patience to answer all our questions in a so good and complete way! wink.gif

Well, I'd have a couple of questions and then I promise I'll leave you alone, lol....

1) I am currently on a regimen, I'm using SA...I've been doing it only for a couple of days and I hope it works...do u think I could add the mask to my regimen in safety??

2) Well, all the ingredients in the mask are just wonderful and the best thing is that are really easy to find...but could you explain me which their propreties are?

I'm sorry to ask all these things but is just that I'm really interested about natural stuff...

Thanks in advance,

Stefy wink.gif

Awww, you're GREAT I.M.A.!!!!

Thanks so much for your post!!!! And of course that it has helped!

thanks thanks thanks!

Stefy wink.gif

Well I.M.A. it must have been fate that we are talking about this. I did a search last night and came upon a product that has Guggul and Neem combined. I went back to find the link and now I see the product has Triphala as well. Here is the link DermaCare.

I have had digestive and metabolism problems all my life. To top that last week I found out I have a stomach full of ulcers. Neem is said to be good for ulcers as well so hopefully I am on to something here.

My question to you is do you think the capsules will be as effective as say a tea or extract.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge with so much going on with me health wise, it would be great if this product can help all of my ails, because I do believe they are probably all connected as you said.

Aimz biggrin.gif

God, there are some really nasty people on this site, "fuck me please", wrote to me saying how nasty looking and ugly asian and sri lankan people are, and how black people look even worse. And that he didn't mean to offend me but white people just don't fornicate like animals like asian people. And he is just curious about sub-human races like asians and blacks, and how all other races besides white people must be just plain ugly. And how we eat cats?! WHAT THE FUCK?!  evil.gif

Ok, I guess I've spoken too fast...sorry I.M.A.

I found out that there isn't a real way to do this. The reason because I told u about that was that in other forums I go, there is a particular way to do it, but in this board there isn't...

You could quote the post of that person and send it to a moderator, with the day, the hour and the ID of the person.

But I did some research around this board, and another person asked help because an user was making him mad with insults, etc...and the mods said him just to use the "ignore list" because he wasn't breaking any board reule, so they couldn't ban him....

What I advise u to do is just ignore him, and if he go on, you can go in your control panel (where u write PM) and on the left there are some options, like "compose an new message" or "inbox", etc....

There is also an option "Buddy list/Block list". If you go there you'll find that you can allow the person to send you a PM or not.....well, it's more difficult to explain than to do it....check it out..it's simple...try and let me know.

I hope that it helps

Aww, thanks! You're welcome, I.M.A.!!!

Yes, I'm gonna try something, like the mask (that I already love) but unfortunaly not the whole regimen, because as I previously said you, I'm on SA regimen...

I'll let you know, by the way, how it goes! wink.gif

Thaks for all of the movie names! I've seen "Devdas" it was really good! I really like "Road" and "lagon" I don't think that logon is spelled right but it means "tax" I think, any way it's REALLY good!

I like to do stuff as natural as I can, your regimen seams really good so I'll keep my eye on these post! Looking forward to see how every one does on it!

Thanks!

Ok, since I've already written up about Oatmeal, let's move on to the other super duper ingredients in my facial mask!

CURD/YOGURT:

"Curd or yogurt is a lactic fermentation of milk. It is esteemed for its smoothness, its pleasant and refreshing taste. It is highly versatile and health-promoting and one of the most valuable therapeutic foods.

Food Value:

Curd is a very nourishing food. It is a valuable source of protein, essential vitamins and minerals. It is also a rich source of calcium and riboflavin. The proteins in curd is more readily digested than the protein in milk. It has been estimated that regular milk is only 32% digested after an hour in the digestive tract, whereas 91% of curd is digested within the same period of time. It is, therefore, an ideal diet for those with sensitive digestive systems, particularly young children and elderly persons.

Natural Benefits and Curative Properties:

Although curd has a nutritive content similar to fresh milk, it has extensive special values for therapeutic purposes. During the process of making curd, bacteria convert milk into curd and predigest milk protein. These bacteria then inhibit the growth of hostile or illness-causing bacteria inside the intestinal tract and promote beneficial bacteria needed for digestion. These friendly bacteria facilitate the absorption of minerals and aid in the synthesis of vitamins of B group. Buttermilk, which has same nutritive and curative value as curd, is prepared by churning curd and adding some water, removing the fat in the form of butter.

Curd is also considered one of the best aids to natural good looks. It supplies the nerves and the skin with healthy ingredients and counteracts the ill-effects of exposure to the scorching sun. The bacteria in curd make the skin soft and glowing. Curd mixed with orange or lemon juice is a good face cleanser. It supplies moisture to the skin and fruit juice provides the essential vitamin C. One tablespoonful of juice should be mixed in one cup of curd. This should be applied to face and neck and allowed to dry for 15 minutes. It should then be wiped off with a soft tissue and washed with water.

A mixture of oatmeal flour and yogurt has been found effective in making the skin fairer and softer. This mixture should be kept on the facial skin for 15-20 minutes and then washed off with warm water. For pimples, a paste of curd and Bengal gram flour or besan should be applied on the face and then washed off.

Curd is also considered valuable in conditioning the hair. It makes the hair soft, healthy and strong. Curd should be massaged right into the roots of the hair before being washed off. Dandruff can be removed by massaging one's hair for half an hour with curd which has been kept in the open for three days.

Gastro-intestinal Disorders:

Apart from the lactic acid organisms placed in the milk for the purpose of souring it, the acid of sour milk and its lectose content are important curative factors in a number of diseases. Curd brings relief to patients suffering from gastro-intestinal disorders such as chronic constipation and diarrhoea. Besides aiding in the digestion of food, curd decreases dryness and gas in the stomach by helping in secretion of hydrochloric acid, pepsin and renin.

The germs which give rise to infection and inflammation such as those which cause appendicitis, diarrhoea and dysentery, cannot thrive in the presence of lactic acid found in curd and buttermilk. Beneficial results have been achieved by the use of buttermilk in the cases of colitis. Buttermilk enemas have been found beneficial in the treatment of colitis, chronic constipation, diarrhoea, dysentery, chronic appendicitis and gastric ulcer.

Insomnia

Curd is valuable in the treatment of insomnia. The patient should take plenty of curd and massage it on the head. This will induce sleep.

Premature Ageing:

Curd has been associated with longevity. Premature old age and decay could be prevented by taking sufficient curd in the daily diet. The body is slowly being poisoned and its resistance weakened by man's normal diet and that this poisoning process could be arrested and the intestinal tract kept healthy by the constant, regular use of yogurt or some variety of acidophilus milk.

Hepatitis and Jaundice:

Excessive liberation of ammonia, which is one of the major causes of coma in hepatitis, can be prevented by liberal use of curd. The lectic acid organisms in the curd counteracts the formation of ammonia. In jaundice, curd or buttermilk sweetened with honey, makes an ideal diet.

Skin Disorders:

The use of curd in the form of buttermilk is highly beneficial in the treatment of obstinate skin disorders such as psoriasis and eczema. The application of buttermilk compresses will also be useful in these conditions. Pads of muslin or thin cloth saturated with buttermilk may be applied to broad surface. The compresses may be worn continuously or only at night. The surface should be properly cleaned when the compress is removed. The compresses are very effective in case of skin inflammation. The intense skin irritation generally disappears quickly after the application of buttermilk compresses."

(Taken from: http://flavoursofindia.tripod.com/curd.html )

I was searching the forum for curd and found this. Actually it's the only dairy i still consume... but you have put it on your face? Hmm I gotta think about this lol