Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yes, I have to say. I didnt want to officially announce it because I thought I might jinx it, but there is no denying that my scars ARE indeed smoothing out! My regimen is:

Morning

Cleanser with microbeads and an exfoliant pad

Scarzone

Noon or Early Afternoon

Wash face

Apply Vinegar/water mix

Night

Retin-A

Clearasil Scarcare Night Repair Lotion

THROUGHOUT DAY: Loads and loads of water!!

You know, it's funny how these damn dermatologists dont tell you that a simple peel would cure shallow problems, especially if you are not experienced in scar care and dont know at what you are looking at. I was almost willing to pay $790 for dermabrasion and laser treatment that would have taken according to the doctor, a period of 9 months to heal for something that I could have done at home in a matter of weeks and it only took home based products and a couple of over-the-counter medications. I know that compared to others the price is pretty cheap, but $790 saved is $790 earned.

You know, it's funny how these damn dermatologists dont tell you that a simple peel would cure shallow problems, especially if you are not experienced in scar care and dont know at what you are looking at. I was almost willing to pay $790 for dermabrasion and laser treatment that would have taken according to the doctor, a period of 9 months to heal for something that I could have done at home in a matter of weeks and it only took home based products and a couple of over-the-counter medications. I know that compared to others the price is pretty cheap, but $790 saved is $790 earned.

Electroscars: Umm, how would you describe depth? All I can say is that my scars are pretty damn visible, but they are not deep deep pockmarks. Most of mines involve soft rolling scars. All scars to a certain degree are shallow, this is what I have been told by my derm. but the amount of these is what accounts sometimes for how bad it looks. I have a lot of these and I have had them for about 5-6 years now. I guess that in derm terms that wouldn't qualify as new, but not old scarring either.

Guest delta force operators

hey cowgirl, what type of acne gave u the marks, seems like ur doing well,

Good 4 u cowgirl. Im happy for you that you found something that has worked ! and If somebody gives you some negative feedback whocares. Obviously they are in the search for there own cure. But yea i hope you dont have to come back to this site and continue with your skin success.

Thank you dermadude.

DeltaForce: Get this, I began breaking out at the age of 9!!!!! Believe it! I have had bad bad acne my whole life; it's just in my bloodline. I began with baby zits and by the age of 13 I didn't have just simple bumps, I had lesions. Huge ones for that matter which even hurt my face when I moved the muscles. You might call that cystic, I think. The problem with me was that in the beginning I didn't know how or just refused to treat my skin and got treatment late. I began Accutane at 17 for 1 1/2 years, but the damage was already there. It's something that I regreted my whole life. When I began to get acne, for a number of years I didn't have a problem, but since I let the situation prolong, at about the age of 15-16 I began to scar. I am now 21 so my scars aren't exactly new. One of my derms said that it didn't matter how old scarring was, that any scar can be treated just as a new one. Most acne scars are shallow in depth, but the results depend on how many there are. I am thinking that what my dermatologist was referring to, in terms of treatability, was their more invasive techniques with laser and dermabrasion so I was really skeptical that anything I might try on my own would work. I was afraid of being dissapointed so I never tried. It wasn't until now when I realized that it was out of my range to be able to pay and that I had to do something. Thats when I came here, found the vinegar lemon method, read what someone posted about Scarzone and now I am actually happy with what is happening. It goes to show that you can't judge unless you've tried.

I'm not sure but, most of the people that I have encountered here in this forum has scarring only 1, 2 years old, but I hope that with my experience, someone here whose in the same situation as me with not so new scarring will get the motivation that they need to try something. At least just something.

Space Cowgirl,

Thanks for relating your story. I think many folks here including myself have a similar tale of woe. I wish I had gotten treatment for my acne sooner as well.

You wrote that most of your scarring is shallow, so I was wondering if any of the moderate depth scars were responding to your regiment as well.

And what ratio of water to vinegar are you using?

Thanks.

Yes, I have a scar on my upper right temple and one right on the cheek bone which is much wider in opening and yes, it does have a little more depth than the rest of my scars. I have found that my regimen is somewhat evening out the complexity sorrounding that mark, but at this point it is too early to tell how far could it go because I have only been on this regimen a few days shy of 3 weeks. I vary the ratio of water to vinegar. I began with a 1-3 part then I slowly increased after a few applications to 2-2. But I never do applications for more than 4 days consecutive. I let my skin rest after a few days. If you are going to try this, please don't underestimate the power of vinegar, because although it does not have the same acidity as lets say a TCA peel, 5% vinegar can get you a pretty darn rude sting and if not applied in even circular motions or too much, it can burn through your dermis and cause injury that might scar you again. Despite this, I am very optimistic on the results and it's power and I am pretty sure that with a lot more persistence even the more deeper marks will begin to blend in more with the rest of my skin.