Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hurt by my skin

Does Vitamines really help with Acne?

sure they are, I'm taking Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) it's known to help acne, also Selenium and Zinc

I just started taking Vitamin B5 so I can't tell you the results, but with the Selenium and Zinc it's definitely helped control my pimples , but I also don't eat that much sugar/coffee/carbs/starchy foods, I eat a lot of vegetables smile.gif

Im takin a good multivitamin (GNC), Vitamin E, Zinc and Biotin for healthy skin and hair....

But i am takin roaccutane, so before i was takin vitamin A and it helped but i did get an initial outbreak... but thats expected i believe... but now im not takin vitamin A cause of the roaccutane...

But yeah the other vitamins im takin now r great.... helpin control the pimples...

Does anyone know if Selenium interfers with roaccutane at all?

Thanks pplz biggrin.gif

So, beside vit.B5, which is the best vitamine to take??

And you can take 2 or 3 different vitamines at a time??

Vitamin A is also great for the skin after the initial outbreak...lol... but u have to be careful with how toxic it can be... but i use to take vitamin A and it was fine for me...

also if u were goin to take vitamin A... u pretty much have to take vitamin E with it so it absorbs much quicker and better... just a thought...lol

biggrin.gif

...and dont forget Vitamin C.

good call... eusa_clap.gif ...lol... i forgot to add that to wat i take every day...lol... i tak 2000mg in the morning of vitamin C then another 2000 in the afternoon... thats enough id say...

How does the 3 grams affect ya nodoubt ??

like does it change the skin colour?... how it help wit pimples?

Thanks biggrin.gif

I started taking vitamin c and vitamin a about a week ago. I take 4-5 grams of vitamin c a day. I have 1000mg tablets, so I just take one every 2 hours (vitamin c has a half life of 2 hours). I think the vitamin a maybe caused a bit of an initial breakout, but the overall color and health of my skin does look a bit better I think. I'll have to give it more time to be sure though. I don't really take much vitamin a, not nearly enough to be toxic. I read from many places that for vitamin a to be toxic in most people, you'd have to take upwards of 300,000 IU a day for an extended period of time for it to cause toxicity. I take 2 8000 IU capsules in the morning and 2 at night.

i take a different kind of vitamin c called ester-c 1-2 g every day i try to split them every 2 hrs because loganruns says that vit c half life is 2 hours.

i like to take emergenC lite for vit. C. it has 7 different mineral ascorbates, so you will absorb them much better. plus it will help replace electrolytes, and has a lot of important minerals too.

I just bought regular cvs brand because I hate to spend money. They're 1000mg pills with ascorbic acid and rose hips.

It would be good to take vit.C, vit.E and zinc at the same time?

I thought about them because vit.C is known to make the skin healthier and such, vit.E because it will help with red marks and Zinc for acne, of course...

What do ya think?

that would be great! it's actually what i'm doing now. except i get my vit E from virgin palm oil.

I take zinc, vitamin C and vitamin E, and up until recently I was taking selenium as well. I found they did make a difference, a lot of the blotchiness on my cheeks has been greatly reduced.