Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Inty

Help, loadsa pimples on my chin **QUICK**

No way am i going out tonight (4-5hours) with loadsa custard pimples on my chin, so i'm planning to pop them.

Any tips?

I was thinking splash face with hot water, let dry then pop the tips with a needle and squeeze them out.

After, wash my face with warm water and soap, then cold water while rinsing.

After, should i apply BP?

No way am i going out tonight (4-5hours) with loadsa custard pimples on my chin, so i'm planning to pop them.

Any tips?

I was thinking splash face with hot water, let dry then pop the tips with a needle and squeeze them out.

After, wash my face with warm water and soap, then cold water while rinsing.

After, should i apply BP?

If you sterilize the needle with a flame you will end up tattooing yourself if there is any carbon residue left - best wipe it thoroughly with a tissue first if you plan to use this method. If you have alcohol pads from a first aid kit for example that would be better. Yes, definitely wash your face and add BP as per the regimen etc, it will help to kill the bacteria more easily since you have opened up a small wound (although they may get worse before they get better if you haven't got it all out).

Check out Dan's advice for popping a pimple as well!

Good luck smile.gif

PS you can tell you got it all out when the tiny comedone comes out with the pus - this is a tiny harder part (which caused the problem in the first place) while the rest is usually more liquid. you may not see it, but if you do, you'll know you got it all out!