Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

best my face had ever been!

took antibiotic keflex for 10 days and i had a perfect face.

should have taken a photo..

if only i could take this for years and years.

anyone else have sucess from this?

can it be taken for a longer time than 10 days?

i was taking 500mg twice a day.

really it is the best thing i have ever tried.

have they tried any other antibiotics?

how much do they take each day?

have they become immune to it at all?

They both were on mino before the keflex (generic name cephalexin) and it didn't work very well for them. They take 2 500 mg. capsules a day (one in the morning and one at night.)

how long have your kids been on keflex?

going to my dermo tomorrow i hope i can get some keflex from him!

My daughter has been on it for about a year. My son was only on it the first couple of months he was on accutane to try to prevent an initial breakout. (He didn't get an initial breakout.)

went to my derm yesterday and told him about how keflex was a miricle for me and he told me i can only use it for 2 weeks becuz otherwise i could become immune to it. if i get some infection and im immune to keflex i could die he tells me.

so i got keflex 500mg 3x a day and doxycyclin 50mg x2 a day for after.

but the first time i had keflex i had only 2x500mg a day and it cleared me so im not going to take 3 a day. then i might go to the GP and get some more. cuz i dont hink doxy will make a difference for me if i am immune to mino now.

then i was thinking the 1st keflex i had after surgery, maybe it wasnt the keflex that killed my acne maybe it was the antibiotics that u have in the drip in hospital or that they use on u in surgery?

I know our derm doesn't want my daughter to be on it for too long, although she has been on it a year. She's just trying to keep her from breaking out too badly until she's a little older and might have a better outcome with accutane. She's told us she doesn't want her on it forever.

He doesn't want you to stay on it too long?? Total BS. I've been on it for 8 years with zero problems. The only concern is from a public health standpoint, as doctors don't want infections to become immune to antibiotics. But that doesn't affect YOU at all, only society as a whole!

zen monk--- how much do u use each day?

i use 2x500mg. derm said i should have 3x500mg but i wanted to make it last longer.

have u any side effects?

is it still as effective as it was before?

have u got a killer superinfection thats taken over your body yet?LOL

i think he was woried my own infections would become mutated like later if i get some horrible infection it would be hard to treat becuz i would have some kind of superinfection?

but what are the chances of that in the next 6 months? after 6 months i start accutane. i have the script already but need surgery. after he wants to see me again for another blood test. im thinking ill just conviently 'forget' what he said about that and go buy it and get started. saves me $$$ seeing him again

I was on Keflex 500mg four times a day in July and it did not even touch my acne this time so I stopped taking it. I was on in september and it cleared my acne and I only took 500mg once a day. But the acne that I am getting now is different than what I had back in setember. I also was on Keflex for a long time when I was a child so maybe that could be the cause. What kind of acne are you treating?

silentscream- do u think if u never stopped the keflex when it was clearing u it would have kept on working? what made u stop?

1st time i saw my derm he said it was moderate-severe cystic acne and nothing has worked for me so far that is why he said accutane, but becuz of surgery i put it off and continued with mino 100mg.

now 6 months later he said it looks like the type of acne when u scratch at your face i told him i never do that. he said oh u must do it when u are asleep. i think its the retin-a making it look all raw and scabby+flakey. but its still cystic. he still wants me to do accutane but after my second round of surgery.

the first round of keflex was only 10 days and the best my face has looked in 12 years! but now i think it migt have been the drip antibiotics. also the type of surgery they did they pump u with liquid antibiotics inside while operating.

but it did seem to improve while i was on keflex, even my red dots were gone so im praying that i will work again for me.

!!!UPDATE!!!

been using keflex (2x500mg) for 6 days now my red marks are faded! eusa_clap.gif

how does that work?

could be bacteria inside the red marks?

no new acne!

I LOVE KEFLEX!!! biggrin.gif