Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cobie

roaccutane and surgery

hi everyone im new here, have a question for u all...

i have put off much needed roaccutane for about 6 months now because of surgery.

now the surgery is over, there has been a complication with a need to re-operate in the next few months, it is not as major as the first surgery. nothing is certain yet as my surgeon is going on holidays there is no date set.

i asked him if i could start roaccutane yet, would it be alright even though i need more surgery or should i wait? he said i should start and he would still operate on me if i was on it.

ayone had surgery while on roaccutane? what was the healing like?

the surgery is not on my face, but he will cut me open and the scar will have to heal up again.

Well, i didn't have any surgery while I was on tane, but I can tell you that if you go on a high dose, you'll be less likely to heal well. When I was on tane, even the tiniest scratch left a mark, and I was more prone to injury. Also, the healing process was so slow that I didn't feel like living. I was on 100mg a day.

It's really up to you. Accutane CAN slow the healing process and WILL make you more prone to scarring.

I'm sorry you are stuck in a situation like this.

I wish you the best.

I may need surgery and I am still on 'tane, but almost done. I will find out from my MD on the 20th how it affects surgery. I want to say it will affect it, due to its effects on the liver and kidneys - that would affect the anesthesia, at least, that is my concern.

As a side note, I haven't had any slowing of healing at all during my whole course (Nine months so far and I am over the 125/kg rule, too!). I guess I just got lucky for once in my life.