Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was just thinking, is 10% BP better than 2.5% or 5%? Maybe you could then use less.

Its sold in the 10% concentration for a reason, and the companies who make them surely must have researched into when the effect of BP plateaus. i.e. when a higher concentration doesn't cause any more effectiveness in destroying p. acnes bacteria.

This has probably been asked before, but how about if we think outside the box rather than seeing Dan's theory as being an absolute cert.

On the quinoderm site (a uk bp cream site) it says 5% is for beginners and then you should move upto 10%...and it seems that 5% does help me, but it doesn't clear me completely - it can only take me so far.

Any views on this?

its sold at 10% because thats the maximum strength of benzoyl peroxide there is. people are always fooled and they buy the maximum strength of anything thinking it will work better than the lower concentrations.

When you are sick, you are advised to take a pill twice a day. Taking 5 pills 10 times a day wont fasten your recovery.

I've tried different bp concentration and I can safely say Dan's BP gel works the best by far.

You could experiment it yourself... but I think you are going to find out that I'm right biggrin.gif I have no links to prove.. but hopefully my own story can help you decide.

10% can be used for body acne since your body skin is tougher then face...but for the face it will probably dry your skin up way too much. Right now I'm using 2.5% on my face and 10% on my back. I don't even moisturize my back after and it doesn't feel that dry! But I know if that was my face....youch I'd be red! redface.gif

10% can be used for body acne since your body skin is tougher then face...but for the face it will probably dry your skin up way too much.  Right now I'm using 2.5% on my face and 10% on my back.  I don't even moisturize my back after and it doesn't feel that dry!  But I know if that was my face....youch I'd be red! redface.gif