Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
antisocialmisfit

how does the hair salon

I've always been amazed how bad the hair salon can make your skin look, so bad that I dont believe I have really looked for about 10 years in those devil mirrors.

maybe I can find a barber that cuts hair by candle.

I absolutely agree - I always try to avoid looking in the mirrors there as my skin tends to look awful.

The candlelight idea is a good one! Alternatively, find a hairdresser without a mirror in front!

I agree about the hair salon mirrors. Some clothing store dressing rooms are horrid as well. I went to one whose initials are AA, and yicks, I couldn't stand to look at myself with a bright spot light on me. Not only did it accentuate my scars, but I looked fishbelly pale and sickly. They must only want perfect-skin people with golden tans to shop there.

I agree about the hair salon mirrors.  Some clothing store dressing rooms are horrid as well.  I went to one who initials are AA, and yicks, I couldn't stand to look at myself with a bright spot light on me.  Not only did it accentuate my scars, but I looked fishbelly pale and sickly.  They must only want perfect-skin people with golden tans to shop there.

I've always been amazed how bad the hair salon can make your skin look, so bad that I dont believe I have really looked for about 10 years in those devil mirrors.

maybe I can find a barber that cuts hair by candle.

omG!

Hair salons are bad, but I believe having to get your hair washed is even worse since people can look straight down at your face and there's usually a spotlight shining off your face!

The hair cut doesn't bother me too much because I've got astigmatism and less than perfect vision and need spectacles. But I still get concious about the spotlights and how when he/she tries to get hair back, etc. he/she may feel them on my temples or forehead or my sides.

The last time I went, the hairdresser had a long comb with a file of sharp teeth and it kept scratching at my sides (somewhat lightly) where I had some active acne. It was horrid: to point this out to him, or just bear with it? Thankfully, it stopped after some time and the brushing only occurred like 3-5 (?) times at the start of the whole thing.

try being a hairdresser, and always being surrounded by mirrors. Its the lighting that really sux, but we need it otherwise theres too many shadows.

i don't suggest candle light cutting or not using a mirror....you'll just end up with a dodgy haircut biggrin.gif